Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A customer called me the other day, he put a wheelie bar on his 750 brute with our std bore kit and ran a 4.4 sec 300ft, he had ran 4.7's without a bar.
That's getting it done with a std bore kit, way to go Shane.
Ray

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Yeah Right this is so Old Ray I get tired of reading it,I seen a 730 with spray run 4.8s then a 4.5s with a beter tire and the track dried out but his was on sand,how much Nitrous was he using,no one in the right mind will think a STD 750 runs 4.4 in 300' on motor,if it would there would be no need for a 800 and up.
If it did and you have a vid and a ticket I be the first one to shake your hand but I have built more than enough of these motors to know a 750 isnt breaking those times,200' yep all day 4.4s but not 300'!

·
Registered
21 Posts
yea he did i seen him run a 4.4 with the wheelie bar if u wanna see it come to the windrock spring festial in oliver springs tennessee then everybody can see because well be there thanks!!!!!

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Full weight Brute with working 4 wheel drive?

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
I think you are right John the Guy in Red is the most Serious out there had to be him so its for real 4.4s it is,LOL I been racing these bikes sense the SRA 650 came out in 05 and I bought one,started drag racing a year later and have been building and drag racing these bikes sense.I built a 730 for someone on this site that has a used FST 730 kit out of my old bike and a set of used stage 3 cams he got and a CF wet nitrous kit with a 30 shot and a controler,on sand he averaged a 4.8 and fastest was a 4.5 and backed up the 4.5 and he has tickets,I was there for the 4.8 but I know he has tickets and the videos are posted on here in Busco Results,4.5s is Flat Out Rolling on sand for these machines his is not striped its a full bike full plastics stock swing arm,there is No Way a STD 750 no mater WHOs brand it is beinngd FST FUNDY or AMR BKP its not running 4.4s at all on motor 200' yes 300' no,with nitrous and a hole lot of it maybe but its not happening on motor,dirt or sand we all no dirt is faster but not that fast.I am done there is no way you could prove to me it is that fast.

·
Registered
930 Posts
I don't believe it for one minute. If it did what is the rest of the story? A std. bore 750 just barely runs 5.0's on motor on perfect conditions.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I think you are right John the Guy in Red is the most Serious out there had to be him so its for real 4.4s it is,LOL I been racing these bikes sense the SRA 650 came out in 05 and I bought one,started drag racing a year later and have been building and drag racing these bikes sense.I built a 730 for someone on this site that has a used FST 730 kit out of my old bike and a set of used stage 3 cams he got and a CF wet nitrous kit with a 30 shot and a controler,on sand he averaged a 4.8 and fastest was a 4.5 and backed up the 4.5 and he has tickets,I was there for the 4.8 but I know he has tickets and the videos are posted on here in Busco Results,4.5s is Flat Out Rolling on sand for these machines his is not striped its a full bike full plastics stock swing arm,there is No Way a STD 750 no mater WHOs brand it is beinngd FST FUNDY or AMR BKP its not running 4.4s at all on motor 200' yes 300' no,with nitrous and a hole lot of it maybe but its not happening on motor,dirt or sand we all no dirt is faster but not that fast.I am done there is no way you could prove to me it is that fast.
Yeah I need to see a video and ticket on that one, it cant be a 300 foot track for a std 750 bore to run a 4.4 on motor. I havent been doing the drg racing that long but I know enough to say that a std 750 kit is not running a 4.4 in 300 feet on motor. I have been runing a 730 kit with a 30 shot on my kfx and got down to a 4.5 and I have a ticket and video to show it. I thought that moving and it was done on a sand and dirt mixed track that is a little slower than most other sand tracks. Now if you can prove me wrong as well then Ill praise you and your 750.

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's funny how people that don't know anything will jump and call BS. It's usually the dishonest people that call bs on everything. Yes I'm going by what the customer told me, I wouldn't say something that wasn't true and I have no reason to believe that Shane would either. As far as I'm concerned, if Shane said he ran those numbers he did.
I didn't get all the particulars but as far as I know it was all motor. As soon as I get a minute to talk, I'll call Shane back and get all the details.
Maybe tshanekfx700 can let us know since he was there?
I know he ran 4.7's awhile ago on a sloppy track without a wheelie bar. Hell our old 90HP 750 kits would run 4.9's, I think BS750 was one of those guys weren't you Bradley? And our new 750 std bore kit is like that old kit with a 25-30HP shot depending on airbox setup.
You guys compairing 730's ect, maybe your running the wrong kits cause our OLD 730 kits in a V would run 4.7's for fun and some went quicker then that on a decent track.
When Shane was running 4.7's, he was JUST getting out run by a Turbo and Nos Polaris.
Ray

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I need to see a video and ticket on that one, it cant be a 300 foot track for a std 750 bore to run a 4.4 on motor. I havent been doing the drg racing that long but I know enough to say that a std 750 kit is not running a 4.4 in 300 feet on motor. I have been runing a 730 kit with a 30 shot on my kfx and got down to a 4.5 and I have a ticket and video to show it. I thought that moving and it was done on a sand and dirt mixed track that is a little slower than most other sand tracks. Now if you can prove me wrong as well then Ill praise you and your 750.
so your running a 730 kit with Nos and run 4.5's. What 730 kit do you have? Most others we have dynoed were around 80HP so with a 30HP shot your at 110HP (if your tuned on the edge with the Nos) well thats about what our new std bore 750 kits make with an open airbox, go figure.
Ray

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
I talked to Bradly today and Im pretty sure he said the fastest they have got'en one of your std kits to run was 5.30's or .40's . He got one to run 4.80's on NOS.

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
I don't buy it.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Thanks Dale for Clearing that up for Ray you know him and those Canadian Timers LOL,they get all confused,like I said Ray its not thats its you I would say this about anyones kit its not happening no way never bikes are to big!

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I talked to Bradly today and Im pretty sure he said the fastest they have got'en one of your std kits to run was 5.30's or .40's . He got one to run 4.80's on NOS.
Maybe it wasn't Bradley's, the one I was talking about was built at Tupelo Powersports and ran 4.9's, I thought it was Bradley's but maybe not.
Hell, our OLD, OLD std bore 750's ran low 5's with full suspension, right off the trail.
Ray

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Dale for Clearing that up for Ray you know him and those Canadian Timers LOL,they get all confused,like I said Ray its not thats its you I would say this about anyones kit its not happening no way never bikes are to big!
Have you ever seen or tested one of our new kits or even one of our old kits??
This wasn't in Canada, it was down south.
You do realise, that the quickest V that I know of, ran one of our 820's at about 120HP and ran 4.1's with a 30HP shot and 4.0's with a 60HP shot.
I don't think he ever set it up for just motor but before the 820 it had an 82HP FST 916 and ran low 5's, then our 116HP 840 and ran 4.5's.
Shane could be running close to 110HP, depending on his setup so 4.4's is not out of the question. Would take a good track and great setup.
Maybe some day you'll get to see what reall HP is like, hell we can run 3.7sec in 500ft with 1000cc's, LOL
Just because you haven't seen it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
Ray

·
Registered
430 Posts
My old STD bore bore went a best of 5.2s on motor. Most passes would be 5.3s and some would be 5.4s. Those times were consistant with 4 or 5 bikes that ran the same track. With a 25 shot it would run 4.8s. The year before I started running that track a Fundy STD bore did run 4.9s consistantly, but they remeasured the track and the times slowed 2 to 3 tenths...
As far as him running 4.4s I am not saying BS, but that must be a very very fast track. Even so, if he did that is impressive and I would love to meet up with him and see the bike run.

·
Premium Member
11,525 Posts
Ray doesn't talk whp numbers, I'm sure he meant what he said, crank HP on both.

·
Registered
21 Posts
ok well do u beleive that a polaris 800 with a 25 shot and a turbo run a 4.2 because if u do my daddy did run a 4.4 with his std bore 750 on the same track the same day

1 - 20 of 173 Posts