Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering what the diamond 840's 13.1 -1 look like on a dyno.
I don't recall anyone posting any. I know dynos vary widely depending on what dyno your at.
I'll eventually get mine done.
Not exactly sure what cams I'll have but won't have the x-4's.

·
Premium Member
23,817 Posts
mine was in the upper 70's if I remember right.....that was with one cylinder as Camo put's it "being watercooled":rolleyes:

It was in 08 at St. Anthony's on Hansens dyno and they admitted the dyno was around 20% below what most other dyno reads.......can't remember if they attributed it to the altitude or just the dyno.

He did say it was one of the fastest accelerating motor he's dyno'd

Factoring in the bad cylinder and also I didn't do any tuning going from sea level to St. Anthony's and the dyno discrepancy, I'm guessing mid 90's

Oooops, I also had the Monster pipes on, might have cost another maybe 8-10 hp on a bigger motor like mine

also that was with 41 FCR's and my own intakes

another note, that was with a Dyna CDI, no official results but I have noticed with some initial testing that switching to the VDI and the ability to pull timing out towards the top made BIG difference

you have to understand that when I took it to Idaho, it had maybe 10 minutes of run time on it, no break in and very little tuning and what tuning it did have was for sea level

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good numbers even if it was high 70's at 5000'. The elevation is why he says his reads 20% low. Would of put you mid 90's even with bad cylinder.
Thats why BS750 said he sprayed a 60 shot to stay even with his buddies 840 brute. :cool:

·
Registered
235 Posts
i was interested in the dyno numbers too being that im building a 13.1 840 with x2 cams and 39mm carbs with a muzzy pro 6*key and dynatek. diff between mine and mini is im running the old style piston and he is running the new style if im correct.

·
Premium Member
23,817 Posts
jk, I highly recommend going to the VDI, the difference on the topend is amazing. You are able to take out some timing plus the ability to raise the rev limiter. I have mine set at 10,500 and it hits it very quick.

Plus if you plan on spraying, you can not run that much timing.

I would not recommend the degree key, it's to much timing especially with the high compression pistons, that's my opinion though, you might ask Glenn.....might be fine with the 2x cams

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've run 38 degree maps 10,000 rpm rev limiter on my brute. And have hit the rev limitor when spraying on my old fundy 750. I may need to drop down the timing with the high compression. You'll need a dynatek programmable or vdi to go above the 28 stock and 34 standard dynatek on a brute.

G-rider had one for sale today

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
I've talked to Brindley about his dyno, he admits it reads nearly 20hp below other dynos. In his own words, his 50hp bikes run with others 70hp bikes, his 70hp bikes run with others 90hp bikes - that is when comparing his dyno numbers to bikes that have been dynoed on by others.

Now that is his words, I'm not saying Tom has a 90hp N/A KFX. But in Brindley's own words he says it reads about that low. He has had it looked at and they say it works fine, no explanation for why it's numbers are so much lower.

·
Premium Member
23,817 Posts
actually I think there is

think it was running against a 730 spraying a 30 or 40 shot

·
Premium Member
23,817 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,817 Posts
my 840 with the 1st cp pistons with 1.5 valves with 39 fcr's was 80+ on a dyna jet dyno
one of the first AMR 840's out there

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
yes i think it was one if not the 1st one...

Set up and tuning has alot to do with getting these motors to put out big power and to run low numbers.... It takes alot more than just bolting a ket togther..there kinda like a dam women...got to spend time with with....talk sweet and touch them just right....:lol:

JK...iam in Slidell, LA

·
Registered
430 Posts
Good numbers even if it was high 70's at 5000'. The elevation is why he says his reads 20% low. Would of put you mid 90's even with bad cylinder.
Thats why BS750 said he sprayed a 60 shot to stay even with his buddies 840 brute. :cool:
60??? Who said that... Ha. No actually I was talking to Vforcejohn the other day and he was saying that my nitrous was probably only putting out 35 to 38 rwhp. But I think you are going to be surprised in the difference once you get the new motor put together and tuned.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
60??? Who said that... Ha. No actually I was talking to Vforcejohn the other day and he was saying that my nitrous was probably only putting out 35 to 38 rwhp. But I think you are going to be surprised in the difference once you get the new motor put together and tuned.
You said 50-60 lol. I get 20-24 with a 30 shot on 2 different dynos. If you are getting 38 that's about a 50 shot.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts