Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a GOOD Knowledgeable Motor shop out here in Riverside, San Bernardino, Orange County area for standard work on the V700, have a guy for the DS, another for the LT500
Too many shops say yeah I worked on 1 or 2 , looking for someone other than the dealer ?
DASA dose not really work on them, they work on the 450's

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Looking for a GOOD Knowledgeable Motor shop out here in Riverside, San Bernardino, Orange County area for standard work on the V700, have a guy for the DS, another for the LT500
Too many shops say yeah I worked on 1 or 2 , looking for someone other than the dealer ?
DASA dose not really work on them, they work on the 450's

What about Dasa Racing in Riverside ( 951-681-1131 )----They are a new sponsor here on KR---Have you tried them.

Kenny

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Well still a bit ticked off at them, my DS was doing great weekend before I went there to have a Dyno run with a new type Air cleaner system, they call me and tell me it seized up and it wasn't there fault, the new system was put on after that trip and the motor was never started, seems they said the crank bearing seized, the DS motors are pretty solid motors, I was on a 720 motor then, forced me to build my 730.
Just a note they would not show me the dyno sheet, I told them 3 times and in writing on the work ticket I run with out a rev limiter do not run past 8500 RPM, well one person at there shop mentioned that they heard they were going over 9000 RPM and forgot about the no rev limiter, so I have mixed feelings here, but they didnt charge for there Dyno time .....:mad: lucky me.
1 new case, crank ,cylinder, piston ,later

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Well sorry to hear that---We've got about 20-30 guys on here from So Ca----Be nice to find someone with Dyno who knows and is into the V's for everyone to use.

Kenny

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
That sucks...Total bummer there :( I feel the pain there but on a good note just noticed that you are from riverside that is where i was born and lived tell i was 6 but still have a bunch of family there and plan on getting down there again soon i hope to visit...I have not been there sense 94 when my G-ma died..I will try and get a hold of my coiusin and see if he knows of some down there...

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah Moved here when I was 16, HOLLY CRAP that 30 years ago!!! Damn Im getting OLD!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts