Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or is it pure cosmetic with a stock engine. I know the Muzzy provides some gain and the LTE duals do as well, but does the Yoshi's add any HP at all on a stock motor?

·
Premium Member
6,692 Posts
Do the 12 hole mod and jet up accordingly and there will be a hp gain. You may as well go with a better airfilter while you are at it. That way you will only have to rejet once. Alot of people like the TwinAir Powerflow kit. Add a clutch spring ( I like the Dalton Orange/Blue ) and would will definelty notice a difference in performance.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
hey hugaboner, more air in and more air out always make power. but the down side of duals is wieght. but i love my yoshis, ull love em too!

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Pretty much any after market set up is going to give you a little performance as the stock 2 in 1 is very restrictive---If you look closely at most of the dual header pipes they step to a larger ID about a foot away from the head---Then some step up again before going in the muffler---Meaning more air flow---Not so with the Yoshi---Their header pipes are pretty close to stock all the way---So my guess is Yoshi's would probably be the most restrictive of the duals---And probably the least HP gain.

Kenny

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
I believe that Yoshi doesn't recommend a jetting change when you install their exhaust. If that is the case then NO, there will be no HP gain.

You'd have to add both more air and fuel.

I believe that the dyno charts have consistently proven that the Muzzy, Muzzy Pro, and Muzzy Super Pro are the big HP gaining exhausts, and for their price tag it's not a bad gig.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Way more bark than bite, One of my friends had one on his stock V, after I put the Muzzy on mine I was easily walking away from him. After the 12 hole mod twin air filter and changing clutch weights, Epi Spacer and Or/Bl spring it wasnt even a close race.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts