Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left Az about 4 months Ago, Because my job was going away, Before i left I was hired to work in Texarkana Tx for a gov. contractor, Well we move here and my job has been put on hold for 4 months now. I am now looking for a new job and possibly a new state to live , so hows the economy in your state?

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
it sucks azz here around San Antonio

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah Fast, Ive applied there already but no luck so far. Hopefully I will get a call ....Thanks for the heads up

·
Registered
71 Posts
We are hiring where I work in N.E. Arkansas! I work at Tenaris Tube in Hickman Arkansas it's right outside of Blytheville Arkansas. Not many places to ride local, but there's some good places to ride within driving range!

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I was just down at the Kawie shop where I live in Arizona and he had to lay off 2 employees yesterday. He is down to 1 employee now.

·
Registered
445 Posts
i am an out of work hvac hand, go figure

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Few jobs here where I am, I'm even out of one again.... Not even much to be found at Walmart for the holiday season.

11 months into it and I can see where the economy has improved. :rolleyes:

Oh ya! The boy lost his job last Thursday and due to months of reduced hours came to us and asked to move back in. Of coarse his mother said yes payment free as long as he needs.

Happy Holidays!! :huh:

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
it is slow but not too bad in the boston area.the only thing about living and working here is you have to deal with us northerners:p

·
Registered
8,165 Posts
Nothing here, unless you would want to be the late night gas station attendent, or do door to door vacuum cleaner sales.

·
Super Moderator
12,555 Posts
Cooper Tire, where I work, in Texarkana is now hiring. We are going back to 12hr shifts on a 2-2-3 work schedule. One of the better facory jobs around as far as pay goes. Depending on the actual job you do the work can be pretty tough.

Cooper Tires - Careers - Search
Hey fastfatboy, are we fellow tire builders?
I work for Michelin tires here in Nova Scotia; 29 years on shift in charge of a tire assembly line, and the past two years as a day-shift mechanic.
We're actually getting very busy after being mildly slack for the past year; our lines are now running 24/7 and we're actually hiring a few people. Money is not great for new hire production workers ($17-$18 an hour), but they're desperate for industrial mechanics which pays better ($27-$30 an hour).

·
Premium Member
2,342 Posts
Cooper Tire, where I work, in Texarkana is now hiring. We are going back to 12hr shifts on a 2-2-3 work schedule. One of the better facory jobs around as far as pay goes. Depending on the actual job you do the work can be pretty tough.

I work for Michelin tires here in Nova Scotia; 29 years on shift in charge of a tire assembly line, and the past two years as a day-shift mechanic.
We're actually getting very busy after being mildly slack for the past year; our lines are now running 24/7 and we're actually hiring a few people. Money is not great for new hire production workers ($17-$18 an hour), but they're desperate for industrial mechanics which pays better ($27-$30 an hour).
Yes Sir we are. I'm a first stage radial tire builder. We are on piece rate and our builders make anywhere from 45K-75K a year. I usually make around 65K. My plant is hiring for just about everything. I don't think our mechanics and electrians make quite that much. About $25hr I believe but could be wrong. We had a slow time too. I'm VERY glad to see things picking up.

·
Super Moderator
12,555 Posts

Yes Sir we are. I'm a first stage radial tire builder. We are on piece rate and our builders make anywhere from 45K-75K a year. I usually make around 65K. My plant is hiring for just about everything. I don't think our mechanics and electrians make quite that much. About $25hr I believe but could be wrong. We had a slow time too. I'm VERY glad to see things picking up.
You must build what we would call the "carcass" of the tire.
It's great to hear that things are picking up. Cooper tires are popular around here; good quality at a good price.
65k sounds like great money for the region you live in; I'd have to make probably 75k to have the same buying power here in Canada.

·
Premium Member
10,238 Posts
Wow! I didn't know that many people on here work in the tire industry. You two and Bandaman works for Bandag. I work in that industry also but not for one of the new tire manufacturers. I work for Wonderland Tire Co in the Grand Rapids, MI area. We have 5 locations and an AcuTread mold cure truck tire retread plant. www.acutread.com I started out when I was 15 cleaning up the shop at one of the retail/commercial locations after work and I am still with the company after almost 21 years. I have a wide job description at this point. I have had mostly a desk job for the last 6-8 years and I am currently the Purchasing, Projects, & IT Manager but there are MANY other things I do also.

Unfortunately, I don't make anywhere close to what you guys are talking about and was just informed last week that everyone in the company is being cut down to a max of 40 hours a week. I have NEVER had that happen to me before. I would REALLY like to get into a more computer-related, IT-type field because I have a fair amount of self-learned knowledge in that already but most any place that would hire for that type of job would require a degree of some sort I am sure.

Overall, the Michigan job market sucks ass right now. My girlfriend was let go from her accounts payables job in the middle of September after being there for 6 years and she is still unemployed. I am not positive but I think Michigan has the highest or at least one of the highest unemployment rates in the country right now.

·
Premium Member
2,342 Posts
Wow! I didn't know that many people on here work in the tire industry. You two and Bandaman works for Bandag. I work in that industry also but not for one of the new tire manufacturers. I work for Wonderland Tire Co in the Grand Rapids, MI area. We have 5 locations and an AcuTread mold cure truck tire retread plant. www.acutread.com I started out when I was 15 cleaning up the shop at one of the retail/commercial locations after work and I am still with the company after almost 21 years. I have a wide job description at this point. I have had mostly a desk job for the last 6-8 years and I am currently the Purchasing, Projects, & IT Manager but there are MANY other things I do also.

Unfortunately, I don't make anywhere close to what you guys are talking about and was just informed last week that everyone in the company is being cut down to a max of 40 hours a week. I have NEVER had that happen to me before. I would REALLY like to get into a more computer-related, IT-type field because I have a fair amount of self-learned knowledge in that already but most any place that would hire for that type of job would require a degree of some sort I am sure.

Overall, the Michigan job market sucks ass right now. My girlfriend was let go from her accounts payables job in the middle of September after being there for 6 years and she is still unemployed. I am not positive but I think Michigan has the highest or at least one of the highest unemployment rates in the country right now.
Your probably right. I know the auto industry in Detroit took a beating.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts