Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
They look good. I wear gloves on the trails I ride for just that reason.

Ever hear of a plant called a Greenbriar? It's a tiny little vine that grows in Virginia. That stuff is ridiculously strong! If you get hung up on a patch of it going slow, it's strong enough to stop your bike and lift up the rear. Instant stop. Going fast, you will rip through it, but it has thorns, too, so you might get shredded in the process.

Here is a pic I just Googled up:
Plant Botany Branch Twig Terrestrial plant

That's a close up, as the stuff is actually about 1/2 the diameter of a pencil.
Tell you what... If you get lost in the woods, and need to make some kind of strong rope or twine, this is your go-to stuff. Just peel the thorns off and you can probably hang a deer on a single vine.

Just don't run your ATV through a patch of it, hand guards or not.

Nice guards, TJ! I also like how your machine looks with the decals.

·
Registered
269 Posts
My only mods on my Lakota are the running lights. (LOVE them!) I got the Nilight 18W HighE and wired them to replace my high beams. They are excellent.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tread

About to replace the rear brake caliper (bad parking brake) and then I have to tackle the clutch. I'll post when I get those done.

·
Registered
269 Posts
TJ,
The mechanism on the caliper is dead. The foot pedal works great, and the pads are perfect. It's just that part that the cable actuates. Something is wrong with it inside. Several others say that part breaks often. I'm not thrilled with aftermarket, but couldn't find a new or even used one for anywhere near the price. Once I do the swap, I'll probably play with the factory one to see if I can figure out where the failure is.

Greenbriar is no fun to run into. Be glad if none is in your area!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Love the lights. I'm thinking of getting a small light bar across the front.
If it had a front rack, I would have installed an awesome light bar like on my Prairie, also by Nilight. But I didn't see a great way to mount one that didn't involve drilling, so I went with the separate ones. I guess you could somehow mount it to the "deer guard" bumper you have in the front of yours. Will be interested in seeing how you do that.

·
Registered
269 Posts

If you want a light bar with real power, here is the one I have on my Prairie. I think it's 126 watts and 10,700 lumens. It's like the sun. Gotta be careful, as you will blind people 1/4 mile away. This one comes with it's own relay and wiring harness, which is nice. I've had no problems with the two I've had over the last 7-8 years. Perfect and cheap. Only run it with the engine running, to avoid battery drain.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts