Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

any one have a wheels 13x10 or 14x10 ???

6K views 28 replies 6 participants last post by  samvel1981 
#1 ·
any one have a wheels 13x10 or 14x10 ???

i got a tires 22x11x10 but they Little bit to wide for the wheel so i need Little wider wheel if there is any that size pleas let me know

#2 ·
You probably have the tires mounted on a 10x8 wheel (10" diameter, 8" wide). If you want a wider wheel for the 22x11-10 tire size, go with a 10x10. If these are trail tires, I would stay with the 10x8 wheels. If you go wider you have a MUCH higher chance of damaging the wheels because the sidewalls of the tires can't protect them anymore.

I am guessing that you are assuming the wheels that you have are 11" wide and that is incorrect.

#3 ·
You probably have the tires mounted on a 10x8 wheel (10" diameter, 8" wide). If you want a wider wheel for the 22x11-10 tire size, go with a 10x10. If these are trail tires, I would stay with the 10x8 wheels. If you go wider you have a MUCH higher chance of damaging the wheels because the sidewalls of the tires can't protect them anymore.

I am guessing that you are assuming the wheels that you have are 11" wide and that is incorrect.
i think it is OEM wheels so what size they are 10x8 or 10x11 ??

the tires on the wheel is 22x11x10 :confused:

#4 ·
You are correct with tire size - 22x11-10. The stock wheels are actually a 10x8.5 (10" diameter by 8.5" wide) but everyone refers to them as 10x8.

What tires are you wanting to put on wider wheels (the make/model)?

#5 ·
douglas makes 11" wide wheels for our bolt patterns! 22x11-10 are factory tires on factory rims though

#6 ·
They don't anymore. They used to but they were made for a 24x11-10 SKat Trak paddle tire to balloon it out to a wider footprint.

You can't use a 10x11 wheel with a 22x11-10 dirt tire. The widest you could go would be a 10x10 and even that is not advisable for dirt/trails.

#7 ·
Those tires are not to wide for the wheel. Thats how they come from the factory. In case you didn't know the 22 is how tall the tire is, 11 is how wide it is and the 10 is your wheel diameter. Leave it alone, it's fine.

#9 ·
Yes, and you need your tire width to be wider than your wheel width. The exception is Skat Trak sand paddles but those are buffed and will allow the tire to stretch out to the wheel width because the tire casing is so thin and, for the most part, you don't run the risk of bumping the exposed edge of the wheel against something.

#8 ·
i didnt know that douglas stopped makin em, guess that makes mine more valuable!

#11 ·
Right from the Douglas website.

Why should the tire be wider than the wheel?
When running a wider wheel than tire, the edge of the wheel is exposed to direct contact with obstacles. For off road applications, run the tire at least 2 inches wider than the wheel. The tire bulge is normal and will act as a “bumper” for the rim lips.

#13 ·
No, there isn't any 10x10 wheels made with the KFX700 rear bolt pattern. What most people do is buy Honda rear hubs and get the 10x10 4/110mm wheels that fit those Honda hubs. The other option is to buy the 10x10 Honda pattern wheels and have them drilled to the KFX700 4/137mm rear bolt pattern. If you do that, you will have to cut off the little lips on the stock hubs to make them work. That is what I did with my 10x10 wheels but I drilled them myself with a jig that I had a machine shop make for me. It is a 3/8" thick piece of steel that has the 4/110 Honda pattern and the 4/137 KFX700 pattern both drilled in it. I just bolt the 4/110 pattern to the wheel and then drill through the holes in the jig for the 4/137 pattern.

#14 ·
No, there isn't any 10x10 wheels made with the KFX700 rear bolt pattern. What most people do is buy Honda rear hubs and get the 10x10 4/110mm wheels that fit those Honda hubs. The other option is to buy the 10x10 Honda pattern wheels and have them drilled to the KFX700 4/137mm rear bolt pattern. If you do that, you will have to cut off the little lips on the stock hubs to make them work. That is what I did with my 10x10 wheels but I drilled them myself with a jig that I had a machine shop make for me. It is a 3/8" thick piece of steel that has the 4/110 Honda pattern and the 4/137 KFX700 pattern both drilled in it. I just bolt the 4/110 pattern to the wheel and then drill through the holes in the jig for the 4/137 pattern.

thanks i will do that it is good to know info

you guys are BEST

#15 ·
pricey option is to have a set of wheels widened. dont know what a fab shop would charge but im sure itd be a nice bit. they split the wheel down the center and weld in the difference of how wide u want em

#16 ·
Not worth the money I would think.

#17 ·
I was told by a local machine shop, they would widen a steel wheel for me, but not an aluminum one....this was about ten years ago on an offroad only VW buggy. They said the aluminum would have to be annealed properly after it was welded and they weren't set up for that. If you find a shop to do it, I would think BIG CHING$$$$$$$!!! Ed3

#18 ·
OK guys i did think about that but i don't have a TIG welder but I'm about to bay one so i can do that very simple i can just go and get the aluminum pipe slice it to the size that i need and slice the wheel i half and weld it together

the biggest problem is i need to find a big chap saw to make clean cut
but i can go back to my work place they build big semi trailers :D

this is my next project i will keep you posted :p

#19 ·
Why are you still thinking of getting overly wide wheels for your 22x11-10 tires? If they are for dirt/trails, you want the tire to be wider than the wheel to protect it.

I have a BUNCH of tires at my house, I will get you some example pics of 22x11-10 on 8" wide wheels, 22x12-9 on 9" wide wheels and 22x11-10 on 10" wide wheels so you can see what I am talking about.

#21 ·
Why are you still thinking of getting overly wide wheels for your 22x11-10 tires? If they are for dirt/trails, you want the tire to be wider than the wheel to protect it.

I have a BUNCH of tires at my house, I will get you some example pics of 22x11-10 on 8" wide wheels, 22x12-9 on 9" wide wheels and 22x11-10 on 10" wide wheels so you can see what I am talking about.

I'm just don't like the look of it
i don like round corners on my tires

plus i will need another set of wheels any way

i got an oder set of mud tires laying around any way's

#22 ·
Well, there's your problem. It is the tires. Those tires will NEVER be flat across the tread regardless of wheel you put them on. In softer dirt, that rounded tread would actually help you. On gravel roads or hard-packed terrain you would want more of a knobby tread like the stock Holeshots. I will get those photos taken and posted later today. One of them will be of a stock Holeshot on a stock wheel that is part of a set that I will probably be selling. It is flat as can be across the tread.

#23 ·
Here's a pic that I found that I already had of the stock 22x11-10 Holeshot XCT tires on the stock 10x8.5 wheels. You will notice that the tread is very flat and that the tires are NOT too wide for the wheels. I will get some more photos later today.

#24 ·
Here are some photos of examples of way different tires fit on different width wheels. You will notice that they all look the tires fit the wheels good with the exception of the Turf Tamer tires. Those look ballooned out with no protection for the edge of the wheel because they are on 10x10 wheels and were put on the wide wheels only because those will be my ice tires.

22x12-9 Kenda Bear Claws on 9x9 wheels

22x12-10 Mud Machines on 10x8 wheels

22x11-10 Stock Holeshot XCT tires on stock 10x8.5 wheels

22x11-10 modified Turf Tamers on 10x10 wheels

#25 ·
Nice tires you got thear i will make piks of my other tires tomorow and yes you guys are right about the size i look it out on the internet and find bikes with wide tires it is to match to wide to go true woods so i think i just keep the stock size just diferent type of tires or mebe later i will have some thing wide like 10x10 just for the sand or open land runs

#26 ·
Yeah, I have WAY too many tires right now. I counted 22 tires on wheels plus an additional 4 bare wheels not including the 8 that are currently installed on my two V's.

The Holeshot tires that I posted the pics of are for sale just haven't listed them yet. They would be available on a set of stock KFX700 rear wheels if necessary.

#27 ·
Yeah, I have WAY too many tires right now. I counted 22 tires on wheels plus an additional 4 bare wheels not including the 8 that are currently installed on my two V's.

The Holeshot tires that I posted the pics of are for sale just haven't listed them yet. They would be available on a set of stock KFX700 rear wheels if necessary.
how match are OEM wheels cost???

#28 ·
Just wheels? I have a set already in a box. If you PM me your zip code I will figure out a shipped price tomorrow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.