Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for some plans to build my own audiopipe. texasbowhunters has some plans but does anyone have any experience building their own? should i run off a seperate battery or just throught the cig outlet plug? thanx in advance.

·
Registered
346 Posts
cigarette outlet is fine... They arent hard to build.. I have a friend that has made a couple and if he can do it.. it cant be hard!! LOL

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
look pretty simple. there is one that goes on the back rack made out of a tool box that i'm looking to build, the split tube design is cool also. i have my gun racks on the front so whatever i build can't interfere with that.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Im in the process of building a 6" audio tube. I'll take some pics once I get all my parts togather. I just ordered a pyramid 2 channel amp that should not draw more than 5 amps (according to the factory specs). I was told the fuse for the 12V accessory plug was 10 amp, so that should be plenty (im gonna double check next time I get to ride).
does anyone have pics of the split tube design? I've never heard of them and curious if it would be better than the normal audio pipe...

·
Registered
84 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh, i forgot that i would post pics. i'll take some this afternoon, going out after some coyotes here in about an hour. it turned out great! sounds very good although i will have to take the amp side apart as i turned the gain all the way up without testing..duh, and it will sound better at 3/4. on all the wires that run out of the main tube, i used quick release bullet connectors. makes it a lot easier to take them on and off. pics later. got a video also

·
Registered
294 Posts
i built mine. i used the paramid amp. polk marine speakers.cigarette lighter plug for power.a rca jack cable to plug player to.i got i think 150.00 in mineit was simple to build. on highlifter on accesories they have a link about building and pics it older but you can find it

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
see pics on other thread of mine, BOSS amp as the pyramid i had for 2 days shorted out!!! the BOSS amp is working fine. took it out for a 2 hour ride today and realized i had the amp gain set to max volume and it sounded like crap. when i changed the amps i went ahead and put quick releases on all the wires and it was sooooo easy to get in there and turn the gain down to 3/4. 2 screws holding the amp to the wood support and the 4 screws for the speaker. do yourself a favor and use bullet connectors if you are going to build one, you will thank yourself when you have to change a fuse!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts