Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
may be giving Utes a try next season if I can get my hands on a freebie, what are the best setups for this quad?

·
Super Moderator
9,446 Posts
Which one...the BF650 sra or BF650i? I would think the sra is better for XC racing...it handles better in tight woods/tight turns.

Happy trails...:)

·
Registered
717 Posts
You won't keep up with the can am's but def go with the sra version. They handle more like a sport quad. Why not try a bf750?

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
I was considerably faster on my Prairie than I was on my BF750...the Prairie had Elka's....the BF had Elka's, Precision Stabilizer, Flexx bars, all the racks off...If you can get a freebie I would say you need at least those.

if I was staying in Ute I would have kept the Prairie...

It looks like I'm switching up to a bike like yours to run sport B, wanna trade? ;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trying to get a freebie and I'm keeping the KFX450;). I want the lower ride height of the SRA 650, not all about speed in the woods, yes I will get eat up in the open fields. Prob wont race many nats, mostly KY series, and the classes are always under 5 people. I'm hoping Fox Shox makes something for the 650.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I race hare scrambles on my 02P650. It holds its own against the Can-Am's. Won first for the season in 4x4 and have even managed to take OVERALL several times.

Power adders i have only bolt on mods, stock suspension :rolleyes:, Hiper carbon fiber beadlocks, and a dura blue axle for added strength and width. Handles like it is on rails in comparison to a stock p650.

I personally would recommend a prairie or BFSRA for XC racing. :tup:

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
ryan had a great time this year... now you need to put some suspention on that prairie. just curious how many miles are on it?

·
Registered
158 Posts
haha I think we all had fun. What really needs to happen is my poor prairie needs to be retired from racing all together. I have about 4,500 hard miles on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts