Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
From left - ITP Sand Star, Scat Trak Extreme 26x12x12, DWT Doonz, Sand Tires Unlimited Blaster 26

Very impressive wide tire. Weight on a Douglas 12x10 blue/red label combo 22 lbs same as the non comp cut sandblaster. It's actually wider by 1/4 " then the sandblaster. Downfall only 8 paddles.
I wonder if Skat Trak could add 8 extreme paddles? Not sure if they will vulcanize to the molded tire.

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
are those available for only Utility and side by sides?

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Don't Skat Trak tires start as a molded tire? Then they grind everything off then vulcanize the paddles on?

I wonder if they would spot grind and add paddles for you to the Doonz. I called Skat Trak about a paddle repair and it was $30 to R&R 1 paddle.

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
I looked at a set of paddles awhile back with one paddle that needed repaired/replaced and the seller said that shops around him charged $8-10 to replace a paddle.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doonz have been out for a few months and have became very popular because there not real heavy like most molded tires and 13" wide footprint. They can go on any quad, utv or small buggy with a 12" dia. wheel. Downfalls are 10" wide 12 " dia. wheels blue label run 148 dollars or so and the doonz only have 8 paddles. I read they are going to come out with a 10 dia. tire soon so a cheaper 10x10 wheel can be used.
I wish skat trak had a wider 25" carcass wheel of at least a true 12" wide there 25x12x9 size is the best they offer but its 10.8" wide and no one makes a 10" wide 9" diameter wheel.
I really feel the tall 26" sandblasters are wasting HP because of the tall gearing. I know how some here seem to love them because of the huge 86" roll out but I'm still not sold because I had a set and saw for myself what they did. My 840 may not have a problem with them but I still know they are not the perfect tire because of how tall they are.
I'm not sure what to do for paddles. I'll call fullerton and see what they think.
Maybe they know of a 24"-25" carcass with a true 12" wide foot print that can be sent to Skat trak.
I want 16 paddle staggered extremes if I can find the right carcass.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts