Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 kfx700 with dual ids2 race mufflers, jetted carbs, (not sure the jet size), air box mod and I love the sound of the mufflers but my neighbors dont, getting alot of complaints my question is can I quiet them down? It says on supertrapps site that if you remove disc it will quiet them down but will make it run a little richer I did repack the pipes helped a little not much. Is anyone running these pipes with very few discs? I am running 9 discs per side now. I was wondering if I remove discs and change the jets will it make a noticable sound or performance difference or not worth the trouble just run the hell out of it and say heck with the neighbors.

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
The more disks the more air flow. I have a IDS on the Scrambler. You should have to remove "about" 4-5 disks to notice a difference, and rejet. I don't think your neighboers will notice a difference on it though. If they dislike quads they dislike all quads.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats kinda what I was thinking We just built a house on 4 acres out of the city so I can play and still people complain cant afford anymore land so I guess they will just have to hate me and my son is only 3 wait until he gets older and raises hell with me. lookout neighbors!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts