Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i havent been on here in a while and was woundering if there was anything new for the prairies or brutes. thanks

·
Premium Member
1,377 Posts
I talked with a Factory Rep last Month, he said some major changes are coming to the Brute Line-up for '11 and '12.

·
Premium Member
1,377 Posts
The Gloves come off as the ANSI/SVIA 1-2001 Consent Decree Lou Agreement expires in '11.(weight limit)
He gave some insight to the new '11 Monster Energy Brute, if it is as he describe it, this new Kawie will set a new Standard.
Sounded like something is coming also to fill in the cc gap from the present 360 to 650's.
This is the second time now that I have been told of this MEB in the last 6 months from a FR and this time it was a different FR at a out-of-state Dealer.
The problem right now is the release date on the MEB, as the current market is still on the Down Side but he did add that Kawasaki for one will no longer be in the back seat.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I can't wait till Kawie comes out with something new.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I would love to see a 650 EFI SRA
I wouldn't.

Actually I wish they would have stuck with the 700cc engines for the SRA bikes.

a freaking men brother:clap:. no way no how do i want efi for the sra. and the 700 engine for the sra is my dream bike. id sell my 650 in a heartbeat to get my hands on a brute 700 sra.:tup:

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
there was rumors of this happening last year. I heard 850cc. prob an 840 with 8.8:1 comp. and the new 32 bit EFI system. at about 65-70 motor horse.

also a 2 up model with power steering.

we'll see. they had better get on the ball. those new '09-'10 renegades and outlanders are really kicking the piped and tuned 750's ass bone stock.

thundercat will beat a fairly good modded brute even stock.

John

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
a freaking men brother:clap:. no way no how do i want efi for the sra. and the 700 engine for the sra is my dream bike. id sell my 650 in a heartbeat to get my hands on a brute 700 sra.:tup:

they made them for years. they called it the prairie 700 and twinpeaks. the 650sra bf is nothing more than different plastics on a 650 prairie.

why they kept the 650 is beyond me. I guess they needed a wider CC gap to satisfy novice riders that still want cc's. and the prairie 700 was nearly as fast as a brute. and they had to make the 750 the "flagship"

John

·
Registered
123 Posts
I would love to see a 650 EFI SRA
I wouldn't.

Actually I wish they would have stuck with the 700cc engines for the SRA bikes.
So do you want to elaborate why I shouldn't have efi on my sra.

I would settle for a 750 sra efi. I just don't want independent but I do want efi.

Since I can always keep up with if not outrun all the 750 Brutes around I don't see why spend the extra cash for a 750 over a 650

·
Registered
787 Posts

they made them for years. they called it the prairie 700 and twinpeaks. the 650sra bf is nothing more than different plastics on a 650 prairie.

why they kept the 650 is beyond me. I guess they needed a wider CC gap to satisfy novice riders that still want cc's. and the prairie 700 was nearly as fast as a brute. and they had to make the 750 the "flagship"

John
Ya, I know about the P700s. I just wish they would have kept that lineup with the BF plastics. When I bought my bike, I was stuck on buying brand new, otherwise I would have bought a used 700P. I love my 650, but there are just way more upgrades available for the 700.

Let me elaborate on the efi.... The current efi on the 750 is primitive, and has a lot of bugs that need to be worked out. If Kawie worked out all the bugs and made it a little easier to tune and work on, then yes, I would like efi. But as it is now......I'll stick with my carbs.

·
Registered
363 Posts

John
Ya, I know about the P700s. I just wish they would have kept that lineup with the BF plastics. When I bought my bike, I was stuck on buying brand new, otherwise I would have bought a used 700P. I love my 650, but there are just way more upgrades available for the 700.

Let me elaborate on the efi.... The current efi on the 750 is primitive, and has a lot of bugs that need to be worked out. If Kawie worked out all the bugs and made it a little easier to tune and work on, then yes, I would like efi. But as it is now......I'll stick with my carbs.
agreed. i couldnt find a prairie 700 when i bought my sra or i wouldve got one of those. but like jake said a 700 sra with brute plastics would be a bad machine.

the efi has only been in use on kawi quads for about two years now, so its gonna take them awhile to get all the qwerks out.

·
Registered
123 Posts
For the most part mine is for ice fishing and I want the efi for the easier starts, but I still need to have the sra so I can pull my fish house. None of the other brands of atv's really turn my crank. I love my brute just wish it was efi

·
Registered
35 Posts
i use mine primarily for plowing and ice fishing in the winter and have no problem with it being carbed! It fires right up no matter how cold just needs to warm up for a good 5 minutes but you should do that whether carbed or efi!!

·
Premium Member
16,646 Posts

John

All the mods that work on the 700 Prairies will work on the BF650 SRA.
You can build a bigger engine if you start out with a 700 engine,but it's not a big deal,unless you want a BIG BBK.
Even with a 700,you need 750 cylinders to go real big and the cases need to be bored.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I would love to see them come out with a brute 750 sra, kinda miss the old name should come back to prairie :(. The brute should be the non sra and the prairie its normal self sra im going to buy one this year be great if they come out with a brute or prairie 750 sra So we well see

·
Registered
100 Posts
I gotta say we love our praries. We've got 2 , one built to drag with all the bling and ones built to run tough tracks dressed in black and green. The big 48 webers really make Brent's stand up and say hi:D

·
Premium Member
1,377 Posts
While talking with the FR I got the impression that the 650s will be no-more in '11 for the main reason why the '10 650s are not FI for '10. Now he didn't come right out and say that but that was my impression. He was talking about a Brand New model, more than one and it is a known fact that the Dealers have been wanting something in the 500 class for yrs now.
Now on the Monster Brute it sounded great, tons of HP, Powersteering, GPS, Fox shocks w/res'es, factory installed alum skids, rear truck(2-seater model), 5.1 gallon gas tank, hand guards, decent tires/wheel combo,winch, new designed 4x4 system and a 898cc VTwin motor.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i use mine primarily for plowing and ice fishing in the winter and have no problem with it being carbed! It fires right up no matter how cold just needs to warm up for a good 5 minutes but you should do that whether carbed or efi!!
I'm with you. My 07 Brute fires pretty much right up. Was just hunting in -10 deg weather and the Brute dragged a little but a FI Grizzley was super hard to start. Ran the battery down and had to hook up jumper cables to it and thought we were going to burn the starter up trying to get it to fire. I always thought FI was the way to but they are hard to start in really cold weather. On a good note for the FI once it is started it idles fine, no screwing with the choke to keep it running.

An on the 500 note I think it would be great for Kawasaki to jump into that market. Thats a pretty broad market for people who want value and still have some HP. Good luck to them. I dont think it would be a stretch at all to jump from a 500 to 750 with no 650 at all. I would bet the 500 only comes with the staight axel.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts