Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy a new (21/22) Mule 4010 Trans4x4 and wondering if there are any tips or tricks to getting the best deal possible.

I realize all the dealers are hand-to-mouth with inventory right now, but wondering if there are known "high volume" dealers that cut the best deals.

I'm in East TN, so prefer dealers in Mid/East TN, N. GA, W. NC, S.W. VA, S.E. KY, but any insights on deals/dealers anywhere is worth knowing!

If there are any Kawasaki-specific negotiation tips (i.e. term to use to get destination/freight charges out), would love to learn about them.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Every area is different, so good luck where you are. Here's what I'm seeing...

My local Mule dealer has -zero- stock. He has a waiting list that's at least three months long. He can't even get parts for repairs. I had to wait almost two months for one simply part (and I'm a good, repeat customer, for several items he sells--tractors, mowers, mules, etc). Everything goes out at full MSRP. They don't add anything like some dealers are, but they also aren't giving anything off. Why would they when everything they get has a waiting list?

When I went in last week to get this part, his showroom was empty. Totally, completely empty. And he normally has 10-15 mules on display.

SE Texas area. And good luck even finding one!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback!

That was the feeling I got from one local Kawasaki dealer when I called to ask about pricing (just quoted me MSRP + Destination + Freight + Tax).

Hoping there is some "inside track" knowledge here on a dealer or program that can provide at least a slight deal (I tend to be cheap/frugal to a fault...).

Basing it off that the CDJR dealer I bought my 2021 Wrangler from is still selling Wranglers for 5% under invoice plus 1% off if a member of Tread Lightly even though they literally sell allocation Jeeps off the truck.

I learned ALL about that deal-making from a Wrangler forum, so thought I'd ask the experts (or just the experienced) here!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also, for the record, that local dealer had zero stock and no clue when I would get my order in if I placed it (quoted $14,025 OTD).

He said, "Kawasaki is kind of different, they just keep us in the dark." 🙃

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have heard that supply is so low that folks are offering over list with cash in hand to try to buy UTVs that were ordered for other customers months ago and just were delivered to dealers. It is definitely a seller’s market right now. Same with Deere tractors. List price and maybe delivery in 6 months if you’re lucky.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm in central AL and talked to dealers all over AL and GA when purchasing my 22 pro fxt. Cheapest dealer was msrp plus tax but would be well into 2022 before I could get one from them. Most were msrp, plus $1000-2000 in fees, plus tax. Unless you get really lucky or know someone, be prepared to pay well over msrp out the door. None of the dealers I talked to offered any discount for cash purchase either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts