Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, we are in need of someone who has good artistic tallent that could help us design our race team logo but at the same time, not charge us an arm and a leg to do it. Wanting something badazz and go fast looking. Any ideas you could throw my way?

We are called Albin Tribe Race Team.

Thought about some evil looking skull with the big feather head band made out of flame or keltic design around it somehow. Colors we want are black and Florescent green like the green here on the website or like the green on the M for Monster Energy. That green. Those colors won't match any of our bikes, but will really stand out.

Eventually this will be made into a huge vinyl sign for the trailer and to make shirts, hats and stickers. We've got someone who will pay for our shirts, just need the logo designed now. I told them, I'd try and get that taken care of.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
VFM B)

·
Premium Member
10,241 Posts
Do you know of any tattoo artists looking for some side work? That sounds like a perfect job for one of those guys based on what you described for your idea.

I was artistic back in high school but I couldn't do it anymore. Plus, I was always better at reproducing images like taking a small picture and drawing it bigger. I like just black/white pen the best.

Here are some that I drew in high school.

This grim reaper took me about an hour a day for 3 or 4 weeks. The dots took FOREVER!
View attachment 19133 View attachment 19134

I did this tribal Harley shield for a tattoo for a friend.
View attachment 19135

This one took a bit of time because of all the dots and I airbrushed the red.
View attachment 19136

I think it would be really cool if I could design something for you but I just don't have it in me anymore. Plus, everything is done on computers now. It wasn't when I made all of these.

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
very cool work :cool:

·
Premium Member
10,241 Posts
Thanks monkey!

·
Premium Member
4,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is some serious tallent Twyztid! Wish you still had it in ya. I used to have a friend a long time ago who could draw real good, but wouldn't put his tallent to good use. Prolly would have made a killing doing tats.

·
Premium Member
10,241 Posts
That is some serious tallent Twyztid! Wish you still had it in ya. I used to have a friend a long time ago who could draw real good, but wouldn't put his tallent to good use. Prolly would have made a killing doing tats.
Thanks VFM.

I really think you best bet is a tattoo artist for what you are looking for.

·
Premium Member
4,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think you are right. They are so used to doing skulls and stuff like that. Finding one to volunteer his time is going to be the hard part though.

Unless.....I advertise his tattoo shop somehow.

Hmmmm.

Now my brain is in overtime.

·
Premium Member
10,241 Posts
You may even what a tattoo artist to just draw the image for you and then have someone with computer design skills make it into digital format. I think all tattoo artists hand draw all of the art before they actually do the tattoo.

·
Premium Member
4,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know this big azz tat I have on my arm was hand drawn first. I'm going to go talk to him. Maybe even tomorrow and see what he says. That was a great idea.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I know this big azz tat I have on my arm was hand drawn first. I'm going to go talk to him. Maybe even tomorrow and see what he says. That was a great idea.
Keep us updated!!! Good luck Their's good tattoo artist out there and then there your average one's out there.

·
Registered
10,321 Posts
Chris, it's VERY Important that you have something done that can be Reproduced as a sticker/decal. I tried to explain this to people on here before. :D

There is a big difference between Cool Artwork and Usable Artwork. Very detailed artwork is more appealing, but it doesen't always dransfer to a usable sticker/decal. If you go with a Screen Print style sticker/decal, you can get away with a lot more, but they will charge you setup fees for multiple colors. If you are going with a Cut Out sticker/decal, detail is Not your friend.

There is a ton of cool skull black line artwork on the internet. They make for a Great starting point that can be added too. Everything from simple to Highly detailed.

·
Premium Member
4,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That middle one is pretty cool. I can picture that with a tribal head band, like one a cheif would wear, but instead of feathers, be flame, so to give the appearance of an india cheif, just a real evil looking one. Cuz you know...were evil. :lol: Thanks for the tips Rog.

·
Registered
10,321 Posts
This is an example of unusable artwork.:p:D

But it is a good starting point.:cool:

·
Premium Member
4,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I really like the first one. That is real close to what I had in mind. Thanks Kenny!

·
Registered
10,321 Posts
You just need someone to take that and reproduce it in Black line.

Chris, are you planning on having the stickers Silk Screened or a Cutout Decal? This artwork can be done as a Silk Screen sticker, but the skull artwork is going to be a little to much for a Cutout.

·
Premium Member
4,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've emailed the pictures to the guy who is going to draw everthing up for us. Not sure about the production of the stickers yet. Pretty much have just been trying to focus on a logo and then go from there. I understand though about the detail and how it would be difficult one way vs the other. Our main goal is shirts first. That way when we go to the races, people will be able to tell we are all together as a team.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts