Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of bags did ya'll stick on your racks? I am looking at some from bass pro shops, but I was wanting a rather slim design.....I love the look of kawi bags, but their $$$$$.

Parents got me a portable air compressor that runs off the 12v accessory outlet, so im thrilled to death with that because i swear im accident prone. Problem is, I really don't have a spot to store it aside from just bungee-ing it down, so I decided with all the money I got for Christmas, i'd get a back for the front rack. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ive got the Ogio front and rear bags, if you shop around you can get them from 129-180. They are really durable, and easy to clean up

·
Super Moderator
12,647 Posts
//http://www.tamarackatv.com/products_boxes_frontbox.html

I have this box on the back of my 650, the company calls it a front rack box, but it works excellent on the rear. I mounted it with the latches toward the front.
I'm like you; I didn't want one of those huge boxes, I wanted something that would be low and streamlined. This box doesn't catch the wind; you can ride very aggressively and you don't even know it's there. It's big enough to store a bike pump, tools, tow straps, first-aid kit, extra clothing, a one gallon gas can, and my lunch. I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I had a couple bags on mine but the problem with bag is if you go in deep mud you have to wash out the zippers before it dries or they will jam.I ended up with a DeeZee aluninum box made for the front on my back rack.I also have a rack extender on it that sticks up about three inches above the box so I can put my foot on it when climbing steep hills.

·
Premium Member
1,377 Posts
I too have given up on the soft bags as they just don't hold up over time and have gone with a trunk style instead but nothing big. Big trunks are not what I am needing, I am using a TUSK front box mounted on the rear rack(Rockymountainatv #108-624, $104.99), leaving the front rack to mount my flat fuel pack, then I strap a front fender bag on top of the fuel pack. I too mounted this hard case so the opening latches face towards the front of the atv.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well I ended up purchasing a soft bag and I feel as though I got really lucky on the price, I got a genuine Kawasaki one for $50 plus 38 shipping on ebay. Brand new.....there's one left is anyone wants it, steal of a deal compared to the others.

*** NEW *** KAWASAKI ATV FRONT GEAR BAG:eBay Motors (item 350263070396 end time Jan-07-10 08:26:25 PST)

I only need it to hold some minor things (ie. first aid, my air compressor, and maybe some water)

with all that said, I am excited to see how it actually looks on it.

And with all of THAT said, I just wanted to say that I was so proud of my brute force handling in the snow today, it helped two cars get unstuck by clearing the snow in front of them, some lady even tried to tip me 10 dollars for it and I had to refuse, I was just proud that for the first time I had a 4x4 to play in it. Handled some really deep drifts VERY well too. My old bayou 185 in the snow.....not pretty. Long live my Brute, cause I love my baby!

·
Registered
294 Posts
im useing a zipperless mad dog bag. ive had problems with zippers.i also use a piece of pvc pipe with a cap on one end and a screw on cap on the other end for waterpfoof items

·
Registered
34 Posts
Cabela's Trail Tamer series of bags and luggage is pretty cool. Low profile and the insides are hunter orange for easier viewing. I can vouch for that as I have the fender bag. If I didn't already have a rear rack bag, I would have the one to match. I think the rear rack bag I have is IPI, their oversized version.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts