Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

ATV Events in Ontario and Eastern Canada?

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  LowRanger 
#1 ·
Hi all. I would like to compile a list of upcoming (2013) ATV centric events to post to a website.

Please add to this thread with any ATV event you are aware of, be it mud bogging, poker run, drags etc.

TIA
Tom

#2 ·
Wheels a Churnin

There is an event at Augusta Motorsport Park north of Brockville On.
It's called Wheels A Churnin and is held 3 times a year.
They have not posted the 2013 schedule as of today (Jan 11/13)
Here is the link to their website.

Wheels A Churnin Mud Drags

They should be posting the 2013 schedule soon.
I attended their Sept. 2012 event and it was very entertaining.
Bring your 4X4 truck, an ATV or whatever, and rubber boots are a good idea.
There are videos on Youtube to check out as well.

LowRanger

#3 ·
No more Wheels A Churnin

Wheels A Churnin is gone. They will NOT be running this event again. Apparently (this is the unofficial version btw) they werre shut down by the MOE after someone rolled a truck in the play pond and left it there all day,slowly draining all its fluids into the pond.

Too bad really, but it had degenerated into a party first, mud run maybe kind of event. The sponsors were fed up, the volunteers were fed up, the participants were getting fed up.

There is an event at Augusta Motorsport Park north of Brockville On.
It's called Wheels A Churnin and is held 3 times a year.
They have not posted the 2013 schedule as of today (Jan 11/13)
Here is the link to their website.

Wheels A Churnin Mud Drags

They should be posting the 2013 schedule soon.
I attended their Sept. 2012 event and it was very entertaining.
Bring your 4X4 truck, an ATV or whatever, and rubber boots are a good idea.
There are videos on Youtube to check out as well.

LowRanger

#4 ·
Good to know

Thanks messenger1. I was wondering why they had not posted any schedule for 2013. It does make sense. There was an element of "party first" there. It only takes a few to spoil it for all. Too bad. I was there last Sept. and it wasn't too bad, but only for the day. I imagine it could have degenerated quickly when the fuel switched from gas to alcohol.

#5 ·
Yup. Too bad really because it used to be well organized and a great time. They had some good volunteers and sponsors like QuadExperts looking after things and doing the ATV races and mud drags n runs. But, they just let any semblance of professionalism get drowned in the party hearty atmosphere and let everything slide to the point that no one wanted to volunteer and the sponsors didn't really want to be asociated or were ignored to the point they went away.

They had an awesome mud bog and a great drag track. I hope someone with the right know how and connections revives this event, at least the ATV aspect of it anyhow...Mark you listening????? :)

#6 · (Edited)
Update

Seems that Wheels A Churnin is back on for 2013.
I sent a message to North Augusta and received this reply.
(I would still check with Augusta Motorsport Park before heading out, just to be sure)
Wheels a Churnin' North Augusta 7331 Dixon Road, Brockville, Ontario postal code K6V 5T2
Phone # 613-926-2628

Hi Jen,
Do you have the dates for the 2013 Wheels a Churnin events.
Thanks / Ron

Yes they are June1-2, July 27-28 and September 28-29.

---- Original Message ----
Sent: Tue, Apr 16, 2013 2:13 pm
Subject: Dates for 2013

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.