Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering who you guys are with and what type of coverage you have? I have 0 on my quad, going shopping today. :)

·
Super Moderator
9,448 Posts
I have progressive insurance on my ATV. With so many quads being stolen these days, it only makes sense to get insurance...its pretty cheap. I think I have full coverage on my ATV (including theft and collision) and added $4K of extra coverage for my mods...total coverage is $8K. That is not really enuf to replace every penny I have spent on my quad, but it would be a nice start. Hopefully, I will never need this insurance.

Happy trails...:)

·
Premium Member
6,513 Posts
state farm... full coverage if i wreck it or its stolen.. all i have to do is show them reciepts of extras and its covered.

·
Premium Member
6,802 Posts
I have insurance on my Teryx through Shelter Insurance here locally, I believe it is around $150 a year or something like that.

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
I used Geico on my 715. It was stolen & recovered, they paid me Blue book value for it b/c it was totaled & they allowed me to pull my aftermarket things off.

But had it not been recovered, I would have been out all the aftermarket goods.
next time I'll know to add on the extras.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Progressive, both teryx's for around $250/yr. with 8k worth of extras! Broke a steering rack last year and they gave me $4K for repairs since the frame had a small tweak in it. Kawie doesnt even sell a frame for a teryx but they have a part # and price for it. Very happy with thier service.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I having a heck of a time getting my modified Teryx insured in Alberta.
I need to get it appraised and get a mechanical inspection.
They don't like my list of mods. :mad:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I called Progressive and was quoted $342/yr. and all I wanted was it covered if it was destroyed by mother nature or stolen. :eek:

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
There are a few other posts about this...I posted about state farm dropping me a while back.....I submitted receipts and photos and they sent me a letter stating that they could no longer cover it....yea, I was pissed!!!!!!!!

So I have a progressive policy on it....they don't care if has a bbk, nitrous, or the entire thing is chromed...they will insure it for whatever you want on it...I think I added like $6000 in extra coverage....not enough to build another, but enough to keep me from going off the deep end if it was wrecked or stolen

·
Premium Member
11,525 Posts
USAA here. Collision and theft....I learned my lesson after the crashing the 715.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Went with State Farm. Covered on theft, mother nature, and collision. $7800 replacement cost. $147/yr. Pretty good considering that Progressive wanted $400/yr.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I use Progressive. $350 a year with full coverage. I have $50,000/$100,000 liabilities.

Don't forget... when you are buying insurance you aren't just protecting your machine... you are protecting yourself if you are in an accident with another rider... moreover you are protecting yourself from the other guy's attorney.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If I raced all the time, I would have that. But 98.9% of my riding is alone and with other family members checking cows, fixing fences, and farming. I haven't been on an ATV ride in over 2 years. I miss it, but nowhere close to ride anymore, I can't leave for days to ride. :(

Don't let my screen name fool ya. I was king of the hill in my younger days before all these big bores came out and the winner of the utility class was decided by who cut the best light, but the racing scene has far surpassed my budget to even place.

·
Registered
42 Posts
im in ontario and i just got primmum on my new brute for 300 a year

·
Registered
137 Posts
I work for Santam insurance here in SA, and bike or quad insurance is not cheap, but then it depends on how your profile is.

I pay for the Bruteforce and the KFX R340 per month, now in my books is it a cheap premium. If I want to insure the extras, that can be done with proof, like a valuation on the quad.

We have not claimed once on the quads , touch wood!!!!!!!!!! So you will only know how good your insurance is the day you claimed.

:cool::cool:

·
Registered
640 Posts
I didn't have it back in '04 when mine was stolen in Tulsa on my way to Little Sahara for a big week-long ride and I regret it. I currently don't have it covered but I'm not taking it anywhere either. If I get to vacation with it I will have insurence on it for theft reasons alone. It isn't expensive and it's a piece of mind if you're traveling. I use Farm Bureau for auto's and quads.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts