Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just letting all you Texas and Oklahoma riders know about something that was sent to me.

This is in Anadarko 45 min south of Oklahoma City.

Here is a link Home Page for those that are interested.

·
Premium Member
9,448 Posts
Thanks for the info. Looks like a very fun event, but it would be nice to see a utility quad class. The ATVCCS series (in north TX) has a utility quad class and so does the STX-ATV (in south TX).

Happy trails...:)

·
Premium Member
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was just passing on some info that was sent to me. I agree with you.

By the way how close are you to spring,tx?

·
Premium Member
9,448 Posts
LonnieM,

I'm 10 minutes from Spring, TX. Why do you ask?

·
Premium Member
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have a brother that just purchased a V (he lives in Spring) and some me and guys up here will be making plans to ride with him but don't know where.

I was thinking some place between the Falls and Houston if you know any place? Maybe we can all meet up this spring.

·
Premium Member
9,448 Posts
I'm not sure where the "Falls" are? Are you talking about Wichita Falls?

The first place that comes to mind is Spring Creek Offroad Park...located in Spring, TX. However, I heard that place was supposed to close down on Dec 31st (the local county was buying the land). I have not heard for sure if it actually closed down or not, but I'm guessing it did.

Assuming that place is no longer good, the next closest place to Spring, TX is probably General Sams near Huntsville, TX (45 minutes north of Houston on I-45)

About 2 hours northeast of Houston, you can find 3 large ATV parks. Riverrun park (Jacksonville, TX), Mud Creek offroad park (Jacksonville, TX) and Shiloh Ridge (Alto, TX). These 3 parks range in size from 1,000 to 2,000 acres as I recall. You could easily spend a weekend by "atv park hopping" from one of these atv parks to another...I did that once a long time ago (only hit 2 of them)...was lots of fun as all 3 parks offer different types of terrain.

There is also SoggyBottom ATV Ranch in Bryan, TX...its about 1.5 hours north west of Houston.

That is all I can think of in the Houston and North Houston areas.

Here's a map that shows you where different ATV parks are located in TX. Some of these places are no longer open, including Rural Shade ATV Ranch that was located near Corsicana, TX. http://www.txmud.com/texasmap.php

Hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow ! Thanks Mike thats awesome. Very informative. I appreciate it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts