Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to build an audio tube. I have been looking online and found instructions. My question-everyone installs an amp inside the pipe-will the amp get hot with no airflow?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a friend who built one and he put his on the inside of the pipe. Had it for almost one year and does a lot of riding and no problems overheating. I'm about to build one for my wife's ATV and going to do it just like his. He did mount it almost vertical on the side in case water did get in the tube, the amp wouldn't get as wet. He has tie wraps holding it on the side inside the tube.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm also looking at building one of these. The overheating question is one I've been pondering also. The other one is how do I hook the amp up to my mp3 player. The other is how small can these be before they build up too much heat. I've also been thinking about building a system into a moulded rear rack box.

If you have any pics of assembly and how everything goes together would be awesome.

·
Registered
247 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is the site I got my plans from. I went to radio shack and got my cables-headphone adapter to rca jacks-about 10 bucks. I thought about putting a t in the middle so the ipod could sit in there.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yup the one I was looking at had a T in the middle for the mp3 player and then you could reach the amp there also

·
Registered
247 Posts
I've got the pipe built and all nessesary goodies now I'm just waiting on my amp,should be here by friday. I'll post when it is complete:D

·
Registered
247 Posts
Clarion Audiotube

Finally finished my audiotube (long wait for parts in Canada) ;( Pryamid 240w amp, 6 1/2" Clarion marine speakers.It also has 5 coats of Pro-Form rubberized gravelguard on it. Sounds awsome!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts