Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sof or my next quad I want some powerful and fast, yet automatic. I was set on the KFX700 but then my dad brought out something that could sway me. Is it possible to put a automatic transmission of any kind (if it doesnt have a clutch/doesnt stall out when you stop its good for me) in a quad if it is regularly manual. I have been pondering this and this would really open my possibilties a lot more if I could do this. Also if it is possible an estimate of the price would be nice. Thanks a lot

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
I don't think you could switch transmissions - aren't most internal and not separate from the engine cases?

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
You could make a crower type design like in funnycars but it would be high maintenance on floater plates and disks. A good built scambler 400 will run well for a while.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The only problem I can see is the pricing. Thats adding an additional 600 dollars at least. That can almost buy one 10th of a BRAND NEW KFX700

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The only problem I can see is the pricing. Thats adding an additional 600 dollars at least. That can almost buy one 10th of a BRAND NEW KFX700

Just get a used one, you'll save a s**tload of money.
I really want to do that but I am in a very urban area which means a good amount of travel time most likely and i dont know if i trust them

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
WOW, that's COOL! The rekluse clutch I mean. I added that to my favorites immidiately! Will be really cool on my Yamaha Seca Streetbike powered buggy I'm building!
Ed3

1 - 15 of 15 Posts