Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a new T-4 axle, chrome - cant seems to find any online - any ideas?

I see that Hermmans sells Anti-Vibe Stems, any feedback on the quality?

Thanks,

Felix

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
You may have to replate a straight stock axle, I'm kind of wondering if someone bought the rest of the dura blues from east coast atv. One day they had 10 then the next day they were sold out....

Herman requires you to send your steering stem to them, or they did a couple years ago. They cut it off a few inches above the tie rod plate and weld a new chromoly stem with cone holders, then they give you a billet bar clamp. it's not bad. Or if Dave roberts is looking for work, he can do that as well. The problem I ran into when I got my herman one made was the bolts that go through the bottom bar clamp and tighten down on the rubber cones, was getting into my hood when I turned, thats NFG.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I bought one extra axle from east coast atv, :p I knew some one would buy out the stock they had. Dirk its common to have that problem with the antivibe stem, I know me and rockhound both have cut out some of the plastic on our hoods.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
"Dirk its common to have that problem with the antivibe stem, I know me and rockhound both have cut out some of the plastic on our hoods."

Common with an improperly made design,,,, IMO

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Well my stem is a houser for a z400 so yes it is not designed for a tecate but it works. :tup:

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Mine was built for the Tecate, the problem is that to make the bolts clear it needs to +2" and the companys building these don't have a Tecate there to see where it all falls.

·
Registered
470 Posts
i have a hermmann racing stem on both of mine and have no problems with clearance issues with the hood. they make them plus 1 1/2 inches over stock.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, so, sounds like Hermann Racing is a good to go? With regard to the axle, I can just have it chromed but little chance finding a Dura Blue.

FYI - being new to taking apart a 20 yr old machine, I have to say that removing the axle is proving to be a bitch.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Durablues pop up on ebay every now an then, just gotta keep your eye open.

·
Registered
86 Posts
if u have some channel locks taking the axle out is not bad at all, just gotta get the c ring clear so u can pop it out then it slides out easy

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Glad I got both of mine for 200

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
$350 - dammmmm

·
Registered
86 Posts
thats rough but having a dura blue is worth it, i love mine, spacers just arn't the same

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
$470 by the time it leaves there door to have it shipped here. Don't think so. I'm glad I got mine for $200. If I'm going to spend $500 on my rear end it will be a banshee rear end conversion.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts