Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well alot of the guys that are my dads age are starting to race 4 wheelers so my dad told me he would buy everything to go ahead and finish my build. i ordered all the gaskets i needed to go ahead and build my engine back up. and i am going to attempt to port my heads by myself. i hope it works.. has anyone ever done their own heads and done it good?? i am only going to smooth out the nicks and rough spots.. nothing major. but anyways. im taking my frame and everything i need powdercoated and talking it to the place and they told me they will powdercoat everything on my 4 wheeler for 125 dollars.. and i thought it was pretty cheap so i asked around and everyone i knew that had powdercoating on their cars.. etc... said that they where the best in south GA... and im going to get that billit bolt kit from ebay. may get a nitrous kit.. and a new cdi because the one i got from mickey makes my 4 wheeler lock up when i try to start it when it gets hot.

the guys that want to race me are talking alot of smack. and one guy said he will outrun me with a stock raptor 700 and its the fastest thing they got runing. he said he would put 1 grand on the race. lol

but my dad used to run them back when he was in highschool with his car and he never got outran. so now im going to bring the gleaton name to the atv racing. im going to outrun them all like my dad did when he was just graduating from highschool.

ill let yall know how the build goes and have pics very soon.. soon as i can get everything ready so pray everyting goes well for me. hows everyone doing lately..havent been on in a very long time.

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
How's it going Paul? Get that thing going and spank that Craptor's ass! :rock: Good Luck with it and keep us posted,.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i already have everything. i used to be really fast but i tore it down to the bare frame to get it powdercoated a year ago and never put it back together or done anything with it.

i have everything ill ever need to beat anything

715 bbk
stage 3 racing cams
36mm carbs
etc.
etc.

ive only ever gotten outran by 1 really built up raptor 700 w a bbk in it and a really built banshee is the only ones thats ever outran me out of about 150 4 wheelers and dirtbikes

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
This makes me laugh..:rolleyes:

You're ol' man lookin to adopt?

·
Registered
1,998 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol i think im all he can handle right now. between my atv and his race cars his money is going to be going down fast.. the v is a money trap and you all know that well.

but is there any new mods to these things like i seem somehting about asr hoses or something like that.. i want to get a nitrous kit too. i want my v to look good and go faster than it already had before.

just if anyone could list all the new mods out for me and anything you know i dont have already

thanks

paul

·
Registered
8,165 Posts
Glad to see ya posting again Paul. Did your screen name get changed when the forum was upgraded?
As for mods, there is a new water pump impeller out there to keep these hogs running cooler. There are also bigger intakes available, contact Big Kev or UPP. Vforcejohn had some but sold out and never got his last shippment from the manufacturer. How about having your secondary clutch lightened, and going with a BF750 flywheel?

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea it used to be vforce king but now it is paulg...... Could you tell me where I can get the water pump propeller thing? And I was also looking at those gas tanks and bigger intakes that big kev has.. And his porting looks awesome. I was wondering how much $ all of that would be...

The color scheme I'm going with is a lighter burnt orange with lots of metal flake and the handlebars footpegs etc are more than likely going to be a black with metal flake. And some but not much chrome color.

The reason I'm going with orange and black is because I had the red lava edition plastics but the sun faded them to one of the coolest orange color u could ever see. So now its black and orange. Black viens with orange base color

I'm taking it to the pc place soon as I can. Any other suggestions guys?? Any and ever input will be much appresiated. Being out of this for a year really got me off track on it all

·
Premium Member
6,692 Posts
If your trying to get the most out of your engine, ditch the HMF's and get a Muzzy Super Pro or a set of LTE's

·
Premium Member
22,489 Posts
Fundy has the water pump impellers.

PM BigKev on his stuff... he's not that busy. :lol:

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok i want your oppinions on this color scheme.. if you think you would change anything let me know what color and what you would change and where you woudl change it please. here it is

1. frame- lighter burnt orange with metal flake.. same color as plastics if they got it..

2. swingarm- same lighter burnt orange with metal flake.
* side covers and oil plug on the swingarm will be a black with metalflake
3. a-arms- black with lots of metal flake
4. tie rods are going to be the shiney silver ones ven has. with hd ends
5. the pegs are going to be black with metal flake
6.the clutch cover im going to have painted the same color as the frame
7.if i can remove my springs im going to do those in the burnt orange color
* my lowering kit is going to be a chrome look.
8. im going to do my axle in the same chrome look as the bolt kit from ebay.. and my tie rods and lowering kits.

9. my plastic brakets that hold the plastic on are going to be black metal flake.

10. my shorty shifter is going to be the black metal flake.
11. the foot brake petal is going to be black with metal flake.
12. the handlebars are going to be burnt orange metal flake.
13. the steering stem is gong to be black with metal flake.
* the brakets on the handlebars and the things that hold the bars on
going to be i think the burnt orange or black with metal flake.
14. the foot brake assembly is going to be chrome color.
15. the pipes are more than likely going to change to he super muzzy pro... does anyone know if the muzzy pro megaphone i have will work with the muzzy super pro head pipes?

16.gas tank gaurd is going to be the chrome look or either the black metal flake

17. the strut bar for rear is going to be shiney chrome color
18. the megaphone is going to be coated chrome or burnt orange??
19.the little accsessories like brackets and other metal things that are directly on the frame like brakets or anything like that are going to be black metal flake.

20. the handlebar brake lever is going to be a shiney chrome color
21.the thermostat cover and the other parts to cooling aseembly are going tobe the chrome color.

22.im going to remove all misc plugs and things that can be easily removed from engine and pc them all burnt orange color with metal flake.

23. if i get the tall intakes from big kev im going to pc them burnt orange with metal flake.

just let me know if you guys would change anything or if you all think its going to look really perfect with my setup.. thanks.. and if i left something out let me know please... tahnks alot guys.... paul

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
So ... Ya gonna have a longhorn on the hood to match the rest of the burnt orange?

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
haha naaa.. its not going to be exactly the burnt orange color... its going to be a wierd orange that my plastics changed to from the red fading in the sun.. im not sure what the color is. img going to have it compared at the pc place.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts