Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I go and pick up my new to me 08 Brute 650 SRA this Sunday.:D Was going to do side by side but wasn't in the budget just yet and found a sweet deal on the Brute.

She is bone stock think I will just keep it low budget right now. Maybe add a CDI and muffler mod, air filter and intake mod. Does the intake mod work the same as it did on my Prairie?

Probably going to just get a Dynatek CDI non programmable like i had on my Prairie. Any other CDI non programmable CDIs out there I should look at? Haven't been keeping track if there was anything better out there right now.

Just thought I would share my excitement.:rock:

·
Registered
375 Posts
CONGRATS!!! Ride safe....:D

·
Registered
169 Posts
congrats on the 650 brute, is that the solid axle model?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah it's a solid rear axle.

Got to ride a little bit this last weekend. I found a birds nest under the front plastic and had to clean that all out. I sucked it in the air cleaner and also into the belt intake. I thought it would be a simple job but when I got into it I had to take all the front plastic off or loose. The 4wheeler was bought 12-05-07 and only had 53hrs and 470 miles. The guy bought 2 of them one for him and one for his wife and then about a year later he bought a side by side and she preferred to ride with him instead riding hers so I don't think it has been used much in the last year.

When I was riding it this weekend I notice a slight stumble when you are just cruising around (1/4 throttle) and then hit the gas or a little stumble even while just riding at slow speeds (10-20mph). I have cleaned the air cleaner and going to change the plugs. I am not sure how old the gas is But I put new gas in it (probably still had 1-1/2 gallons left). I went ahead and changed the engine oil and the front diff oil. They still looked good but went ahead and changed it any way. The rear end looked like brand new and was not milky. The pull start rope was as white as the day it was bought so I know it hadn't seen any deep mud.

Here are some pics of the birds nest.

In Belt intake

Under handlebars before plastic was removed

With front plastic lifted up

From the right side

Most of what I pulled out

Here are the pics the guy I bought it front sent to me.
Think I got a good deal. Still has 3 years left on the warranty too.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
welcome back to the kawie family!!!

great machines these are!!

·
Registered
363 Posts
dang man, your making me miss riding my sra brute. we got the same bike and gotta tell you ive never had a better time then on my kawie. ride green :)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dang man, your making me miss riding my sra brute. we got the same bike and gotta tell you ive never had a better time then on my kawie. ride green :)

I have had a better time riding things but my wife doesn't let me ride her in the woods and the brute doesn't want to cuddle when were done either. :lol:

I had been missing my old Prairie since July but I am happy with the upgrade.:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts