Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings and glad to be back on a Mule. Had a 610 which I liked, other than it just didn't have enough power and the suspension was pretty limited, but it was solid and never failed me.

Sold it to buy something with better suspension and more power/speed which ended up being a Polaris 500 midsize. Liked the suspension and power and it's relatively narrow width but quickly discovered the build quality was simply not up to Kawasaki (probably any of the Japanese) standards..... vent line laying on the manifold, zerks missing, etc., plus I hated Ranger's 4WD setup because no 4wd without first locking the rear diff, and in 4wd the front wheels never engaged unless the rears were turning at least 20% faster than the front! There were other things as well which I won't go into.

Anyway I was smitten when I saw the new Mule Pro MX because while larger than the little 610 it is still a size that'll still fit on our trails yet it has the extra power, suspension, and tow and carrying capacity I wanted. Plus back to Kaw quality.

So Wednesday I sold the Ranger and yesterday made a nice deal on the only MX the local dealer had and so far couldn't be more pleased. It rides just as nice as the Ranger probably better actually, has even more power, sounds better (less tinny), and while I haven't worked it much in 4wd it's nice to have the traditional set-up where I can independently choose 2wd/4wd, hi-low, and diff lock.
Really looking forward to using this machine in fact going out in a minute to clear a couple downed trees on the trails.

Bringing it home.

Both the 610 and Ranger were green, it'll take a bit to get used to this bright red. Shouldn't loose sight of it in the woods though!

Passed the all important dog test. :D

Looking forward to lurking here on occasion. Only small nit I have to pick is the seatbelt must be connected which I have behind me but it's kind of uncomfortable against my back. Need to do away with that "feature" sometime.

·
Registered
148 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Welcome back to the mule.Nice MX.
You could put you jump wire on the seat belt plug,or buy you a tikit belt plug.

https://thetikit.com/collections/can-am-yamaha-honda-kawasaki-john-deere/products/stealth-utv-tikit-can-am-kawasaki-yamaha-honda-john-deere
Thank you!

And thanks for the link to the belt plug, just ordered one!
When i bought my FXR the red was a little hard to get used to.I like the MX,its like a mini FXR:grin2:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
When i bought my FXR the red was a little hard to get used to. I like the MX,its like a mini FXR:grin2:
LOL maybe it'll dull down a bit if I don't wash it! Actually I guess the MX is somewhat of a mini FXR. I need the narrower 60" width to run on my trails, actually wish it was even a couple inches less because I now have a few places to widen with some smaller trees I need to clear.
My neighbor down the road bought a new FXR last month which he really likes, only issue is he's having to widening his trails too. But seeing his is what drew me to go look at Mules again and when there just happened upon the slightly narrower MX they'd recently got in.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
or spend less than a dollar and use a 3M Scotchlock to join the 2 wires together. Welcome, nice ride
While that would work just fine for me I wanted something I could easily change back and forth because of my young grandsons, I know they'll be driving it pretty soon. Thanks!

That FXR is WIDE compared to my old 610. Gonna take some getting used to for me.

It really is, heck the MX is pretty wide compared to a 610.

·
Registered
148 Posts
or spend less than a dollar and use a 3M Scotchlock to join the 2 wires together. Welcome, nice ride
While that would work just fine for me I wanted something I could easily change back and forth because of my young grandsons, I know they'll be driving it pretty soon. Thanks!

That FXR is WIDE compared to my old 610. Gonna take some getting used to for me.

It really is, heck the MX is pretty wide compared to a 610.
Yes the mx is at 60" that is the same as my 2012 ranger xp was in stock form.
My FXR is now at 68" wide from outside to out side of tires.I wanted stability,I do a lot of rock cowling and side hilling.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I like the looks of the steering wheel on the MX better than the one on my FXR

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm the market for the new MX. How is the leg room (I'm 6' 3"). I've only sat in the FXR and it has ample leg room - comparing the MX to the FXR it looks like the MX added a left foot rest but hard to tell if the leg room is identical from pics.

I agree with the comment on the nicer MX steering wheel. I also like the updated glovebox auto-style latch. I think either park brake is OK. However - the MX looks like the cupholders were a cost cutting afterthought - they should have stuck with the FXR design here.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I believe you'll have ample leg room because I have a 32" inseam and there's a good 5" in front of my knees.

Yeah the cup holders look kinda basic but they do work ok, and besides with power steering I generally steer with one hand and have my beverage in the other. :D

I do like the left foot rest.

So far the only minor gripe was I kept hearing a resonance noise at certain rpm, sounded similar to a loose heat shield. Sure enough there's a heat shield above the muffler and two of the 8 or so, 10mm screws, were loose. Gripe gone.

I'm the market for the new MX. How is the leg room (I'm 6' 3"). I've only sat in the FXR and it has ample leg room - comparing the MX to the FXR it looks like the MX added a left foot rest but hard to tell if the leg room is identical from pics.

I agree with the comment on the nicer MX steering wheel. I also like the updated glovebox auto-style latch. I think either park brake is OK. However - the MX looks like the cupholders were a cost cutting afterthought - they should have stuck with the FXR design here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
5 Participants
clifton
Kawasaki ATV Forum
KawieRiders.com is the largest Kawasaki ATV owner's forum with information for the Kawasaki KFX700, Brute Force, Prairie, Bayou, Mojave, Lakota and older model Kawasaki ATV's!
Full Forum Listing