Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 eps fi
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I purchased my Brute force in July of 2021. Within a month my left rear axle went bad started making a clicking noise. Called the dealership they told me it wasn't covered by the warranty so I bought a axle and replaced it. I got an all balls heavy duty 8 ball bearing axle. After replacing it, it now has started clicking. This forced my to look at the machine more critical. It seems my rear differential is mounted in the frame at an odd angle, not square with the frame. The axle is then at a bad angle going to the hub.. Came this way from Kawasaki. Has any one seen or heard of this ? I can't keep buying axles every month.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Rim Wood

·
Super Moderator
5,061 Posts
I know that the rear diff/gear case is offset from the engine output shaft because the U-joints need s certain amount of rotation when moving. But I never thought the axle outputs would be angled other then both slightly back or forward of the knuckle. Even if so, why do you suppose just one of your axles is having an issue and not both? The max allowable angle is 49 degrees before it gets to a "bad angle". That's quite a bit. I have to believe that something...somewhere..isn't assembled correctly. May even be inside the diff/gear case itself.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Not knocking your issues, however consider the CV joints ability to compensate for axle angles such as the one going down to the wheel which is some 30+ degrees. Dont know your mileage or particular use but Id try another dealer to start. I do have good luck with RM's stuff assuming thats where the new axle came from but all I can say about All Balls is one word...China.

·
Super Moderator
5,061 Posts
Take some measurements and go to your local dealership and compare with others. Then if different show your dealer. Kawasaki generally has very good QC so a frame with that kind of problem...if it does...needs to be brought to their attention.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok so I do ride more than most 110 hours on machine since July 1700 miles. My ranch is huge. I have a 26 year old Yamaha Kodiak with thousands of miles it is still on the original cv boots and axles front end rear is solid axle. It is still running.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I took the machine in 6 weeks ago they took pics and the mechanics discussed it. The didn't have any others to compare with. I still have not heard anything from Kawasaki.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The right side axle has more normal angle toward the hub the left side axle has a steep angle to the rear of the machine.
Automotive tire Gas Automotive wheel system Plumbing Auto part

·
Registered
110 Posts
Is that the Balls axle after a what 110 hrs of use,A torn boot? dont say much for the quality far as Im thinking. Id suggest contacting Kawasaki direct and express your lack of response with that particular dealer. From personal experience some really suck and should be gone.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
The rear diff is installed just like any other brute. The rear diffs are all installed at that angle from factory.
As for your rear axle, that does not look correct. Maybe your rear knuckle is upside down, or you blew another axle for some reason ? I will check mine to see if it looks similar.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Here is a poc of my left rear inner axle

Attachments

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Your machine looks like you have a 2" lift kit with stock shocks and stock shock springs ? If so, you are maxed out at your cv joint angles.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My machine is still stock no lift kit but I did adjust the rear shocks to make them stiffer. Could that be it? I will back off the adjustments today and see if it changes the angle of the axle.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I was wondering about a lift as well as the CV are at an awful steep angle which will not help longevity. I working on a 05 Kodiak for a friend and sitting idle Im thinking the CV would self destruct in short order if that where it sat with the owner on it who is a smaller person. My..my 150 lb arse would make it happy. :0

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok thanks for all the info I have reset the rear shocks to there factory preset configuration. The clicking noise the axle was making has gone away instantly. I do want a different set of rear axles but not All balls. Back in July I added the tension to the shocks to accommodate my girlfriend, I thought it would help. My old Yamaha Kodiak has a solid rear axle so it didn't hurt it. Thanks again. I LOVE MY BRUTE FORCE. Named one of my dogs Kawasaki.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts