Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this forum so I apologize in advance if there has been a test or thread discussing these tires. I am looking to put new tires on my '06 Brute 750 and would like your (forum) advice. I ride all terrain-hard pack dirt, sand, pea gravel, rooted out and rocky, as well as some snow and mud. I do not spend a large majority of time in the swamp stuff but I want something better than the original Dunlops that came with it as far as mud traction goes.

I am trying to:
1. improve handling and traction
2. add a wider footprint and hopefully improve stability (feels top heavy)
3. figure out if I can go a little bigger and not put my bike in jeopardy for premature wear?

I plan on mounting them on SS112's. Would the Baja Cross tires be the answer and if so what size combination would be best? Do I need to be concerned about going bigger and how much more weight it will add? I know this tire is heavier than others on the market.

Also, are wheel spacers a bad idea? It seems to me that my dealer made a comment that it would be, why?

Please help. :confused:

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you are going to be in mud and snow then I would go with the Terracross tire but the Bajacross is going to be an improvement over stock. The ITP wheels will increase the width of your track a little and this will help. I am probably going to go with the Terracross on my 09 as I ride in similar terrain as you describe. Below is a link to a video tests of the tire as well as some tests on the Brute Force (stock and modded).

ATV Shows

ATV Shows

ATV Shows

ATV Shows

I hope that this helps!

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Definately the Terra Cross, if you are gonna ride WV trails.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Definately the Terra Cross, if you are gonna ride WV trails.
Thanks for the recommendation, we hit up Hatfield/McCoy when we can:yeehawi:

·
Super Moderator
4,772 Posts
I can asssure you you won't like the Baja Cross. I just switched-out mine that had only 200 miles on them to Grim Reapers. What a wonderful tire..in everything and a great ride. The Bajas were stiff, heavy and beat me up on every ride even at 3lbs pressure. They suck in sand...like running a rake through it.. but they will stay on top, not bad in moderate mud but far from great, pretty good on hardpack and great on the rocks. They probably would be a lot better on something with some weight like a sxs but not on a quad. You would be much happier with either a Terra Cross or a Grim Reaper for trails.

·
Premium Member
3,234 Posts
Also, are wheel spacers a bad idea? It seems to me that my dealer made a comment that it would be, why?
I run 1" spacers all round on mine and ride it pretty hard with no probs at all. Just make sure you run the alloy ones not the composite crap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts