Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased my 05 KFX and joined the forum. I know there are many basic mods and typical upgrades for these machines and was looking for a post that may address some of them. Im also interested in finding a performance company that specializes in the KFX700 who has a good reputation and knows the products they sell. Unfortunately I dont have any good shops in my area.....

·
Registered
152 Posts
Buddy get ready to spend some cash. There are alot of basic mods you can do but the problem is sometimes they work themselves into bigger mods. Once you start it's hard to stop. For example the 12hole mod with airfilter and jetting is easy and cheap but once you do that you might as well do the exhaust to get the most out of the 12hole mod. See what I mean. These machines are great and I love modding but beware of the money your about to spend:D Congrats and welcome to the family.

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
exhaust,air filter,jetting,and 12 hole, and spark plug wire mod are your basic performace mods.

then there is the primary clutch spring. and a 400ex thumb throttle is a huge imporevement

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Does the 05 need the rocker mod? I know the 04 does. That would be the FIRST thing I do if it needs it.
1) Rocker mod................................................................ENGINE DAMAGE ALERT
2) Tie rods reinforced or replaced.......................................INJURY ALERT
3) Spark boot mod...........................................................Performance
4)Twinair Powerflow air filter,12 hole mod,exhaust,rejet carb....Performance
5) Primary Cutch work VFJ recomended...............................Fuel Econ+Performance

That's where I would start in order of my personal importance.
Ed3

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
I'd also recommend getting a service manual. I got a real one, not a download, since I don't have a computer in my shop.
Upgrading the shocks and adding a steering stabilizer can be expensive, but REALLY help with the ride comfort and control.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
I knew I forgot something!!!! Good catch RobCatV.....that should be #1 on my list!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lots of good suggestions! I appreciate the feedback and know its a never ending process. I will do a search for these mods and start there. I also like the mention of NOS and Turbos for basic mods...This is my kind of forum :tup:

·
Registered
733 Posts

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
Change the tie rods and the ends first thing!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Does the 05 need the rocker mod? I know the 04 does. That would be the FIRST thing I do if it needs it.
1) Rocker mod................................................................ENGINE DAMAGE ALERT
2) Tie rods reinforced or replaced.......................................INJURY ALERT
3) Spark boot mod...........................................................Performance
5) Primary Cutch work VFJ recomended...............................Fuel Econ+Performance

Ed3
Hello I am new to the Forum. I have read the first 20 pages of the KFX700
section.
Can you explain the "Rocker Mod Engine Alert" for the 04' KFX

Thanks and glad to be here :D

·
Registered
2,369 Posts

Ed3
Hello I am new to the Forum. I have read the first 20 pages of the KFX700
section.
Can you explain the "Rocker Mod Engine Alert" for the 04' KFX

Thanks and glad to be here :D

Welcome to KR----The above list is showing the mod on the left and giving the reason for it on the right---So the weak factory 2004 rocker arm set up if it gives out will cause costly engine damage---There are many threads on this and some even have pics---Do a good search rocker mod, 04 rockers etc.

Kenny

1 - 15 of 15 Posts