Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a free 1998 Kawasaki Mojave 250 with most parts and the engine in pieces. I am planning on putting it together, but I don’t have a battery and I cannot find the battery size for the life of me. I really hope it uses one because I bought a 12V horn to mount on it so I can be loud and obnoxious. Also, is there anywhere I can find performance parts for the engine? I want it to go fast.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Does it have electric start? I looked as well and see no listing for a battery. That dont mean you cant install one. It will be like doing a dual sport conversion on a battery less bike. Typically done because when registered for the street the tail light must stay on for some 20 minutes in case it flames out at night. Far as hot rod parts, head porting, a hi comp piston and cam should give it a kick in the butt. We did a Curtis Sparks Honda 200X years ago and it made a huge increase in power.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does it have electric start? I looked as well and see no listing for a battery. That dont mean you cant install one. It will be like doing a dual sport conversion on a battery less bike. Typically done because when registered for the street the tail light must stay on for some 20 minutes in case it flames out at night. Far as hot rod parts, head porting, a hi comp piston and cam should give it a kick in the butt. We did a Curtis Sparks Honda 200X years ago and it made a huge increase in power.
It only has kick start, so with your information it probably has no battery. The intriguing thing is that it has headlights and brake lights, so I just assumed it would have a battery. Do you know how I should add a battery? It also has a stator if that means anything

1 - 3 of 3 Posts