Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 86 bayou 300, and it idles perfectly fine, but as soon as i begin to give it throttle, it bogs and basicly looses all power, and if you hold the throttle, sometimes if will catch up, and continue the same pattern...

I have just replaced the choke cable due to it seizing, so im confident in the choke set up. I replaced the spark plug, cleaned the in line fuel filter, cleaned the two jets in the carb, and cleaned the entire carb as best i could, and i checked the carb boots for cracks or leaks, and they are fine... after all this, i am still getting this annoying Bog and i wish to fix my kawi asap :( Any help is appreciated!:confused::confused:

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
did u check the diaphram in the top of the car to make sure it has no pin holes rips or pinches?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
diaphram

I did take off the diaphram and cleaned the whole inside because it was pretty dirty in there, i did not notice any obvious pinches, cracks or holes, i will check more carefully today, this is really bugging me because it seems like such a simple problem, but cant seem to solve it :eek:

thank yo ufor the reply!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Did you get a fix for this in the end - ie. dirty carb or something - I got a similar problem - soaked the carb etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ended up taking the bowl off and the whole carb out and using compressed air to blow out all the small jets that aren't removable , make sure you blow out all the visible holes, but take off the bellows/valve type thing as the air may cause it to rupture

1 - 5 of 5 Posts