Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, got a question about my sons 1986 Bayou 185. I bought it back a few months ago for a Christmas Present for him and he just loves it. It ran great until yesterday. Now you cant seem to get it to shift into gear all the time. Even when you get it into 1st gear it seems to want to pop back out again. Its even harder to get it to go into reverse. We have been noticing the past couple weeks it was harder to change gears while shifting also. Seemed that you had to really lift up on the shifter to get it to shift. I was going to adjust the clutch thinking maybe that would help but it was adjusted fine. I loosened the lock nut and tried to back out the set screw until firm but it was already set ok. I dont know if this is a clutch problem or a tranny problem. The shifter seems really sloppy with alot of play. Like I said before on my earlier post I dont know much about these and I thought I would ask the experts on here what I should do. Maybe just take it to a Kawasaki dealer?? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Guys,
Scott

1 - 2 of 2 Posts