Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am new to the site,i have a 1996 bayou 220 and need to replace the boot on the driveshaft,i am not sure which end of the shaft i need to take apart,to get the boot on,one end is the cv joint the other is the shaft tube any help must app

·
Registered
549 Posts
pretty sure you have to drop the whole axle/swing arm to change the boot. when I had mine apart there was a bearing on the shaft I broke the seal and refilled with grease too. it was dry.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you get the boot replaced yet? The outer boot is easy, the small boot over the CV joint isn't available by itself, only come with complete shaft.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you get the boot replaced yet? The outer boot is easy, the small boot over the CV joint isn't available by itself, only come with complete shaft.
It is my understanding that one can use the CV joint boots from the front drive (axle) shafts for the Bayou 300 KLF300-C (4x4) for the smaller inner boot.

Does anyone have any 1st hand experience with this?

·
Registered
9 Posts
i am new to the site,i have a 1996 bayou 220 and need to replace the boot on the driveshaft,i am not sure which end of the shaft i need to take apart,to get the boot on,one end is the cv joint the other is the shaft tube any help must app
You'll have to either move motor forward or pull rear end

1 - 6 of 6 Posts