Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  bucked_up 
#1 ·
hey guys new to the forum, just picked up a bayou 220 from a friend. (year is early 90s i wish i knew exactly but hey for $170 you cant complain) got it home hooked up jumper cables to it (battery is shot) and it fired up!! ran great no ticks taps or nothing. COOL ok so cleaned out the carb and got some other stuff done to it now the problem. when it fires up it idles high, try to adjust the idle down and it raises the idle, try adjusting the idle up and it goes down. it acts like its trying to bog down when i hit the gas then it opens up but if i try to let it idle high it will come down and finally die. anbody have any sugestions? im kind new to the whole owning a quad thing so any advice will help.:D thanks guys

#2 ·
anyone with any advice would be awesome, i just ordered a complete rebuild kit and i ordered a new choke cable because the choke cable is messed up but if anyone else has any ideas that would be greatly appreciated

#3 ·
Buy a service manual first,then rebuild/clean the carbs.I had to refer back to the manual for a no start problem when I thought the starter solenoid went bad - turns out the starter relay was actually the problem - without a manual,I'd be just guessing.

#5 ·
hey jordy if you dont mind me askin how did you make your lift for your bayou? i dont need any massive stuff just wanna get a little extra ride height lol loaded up the quad today to kind test it again after i cleaned the carb and it actually did pretty well, never flooded itself never died nothin. i guess its a female..... tempermental as all hell

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.