Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can you make the wheels on a Bayou 250 stand sraight up and stop leaning? This is how it came from the factory and I have seen others like this. But someone has to know what I need to do to srighten them?

·
Registered
787 Posts
Do you mean \ / ?
That's how it is supposed to be. Camber is prebuilt into the knucles, there is no adjustment.

·
Super Moderator
12,654 Posts
Welcome to single A-arms. Strap 100lbs on the front rack.
Seriously, if you were to correct it so the wheels are parallel while sitting still in the yard, then it would screw up the handling when loaded and driving on the trail.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
YEP \ / is the way it rolls. Seems very odd it would handle good with this much camber? Tires dont seem to wear but it sure does look odd.

Also my son is only 12 and weighs 120 lbs so when he is riding it the front does NOT change. It rides like this all the time.

·
Registered
423 Posts
wait till the king pins wear out and they go the other way im having a set machined so i can get mine back to who it was

·
Registered
787 Posts
The 1.5" spacers on mine takes away some of the camber, but that's not the reason I put them on there. It handles 100x better with spacers, just wears the front wheel bearings a little faster than normal.

·
Registered
423 Posts
i dnt like the wide stance i had to widen mine out when i put the new wheels on and i kick myself for it i get hung up in the big wheelers ruts

·
Registered
423 Posts
of mine?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I was getting ready to ask the same question about my brother's bike when I came across this. The wheels had always towed out at the bottom until I replaced the kingpins and now they sit the other way...most of the time. Sometimes they sit parallel with no weight on it at all. Bad shocks/ weak springs maybe? The bottom picture is after he lifted the front end and dropped it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just put these 27's on with 2" lift and no spacers. I was wondering about the "v" myself
View attachment 75108
How can you make the wheels on a Bayou 250 stand sraight up and stop leaning? This is how it came from the factory and I have seen others like this. But someone has to know what I need to do to srighten them?
What if you move the front shocks to the lower mounting hole will that straighten up the lean on the front wheels?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts