Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, im totally new to the atv scene, been a dirtbike rider cuz i couldnt afford anything with 4 wheels lol. anyways, i found a REALLY amazing priced 1995 bayou 300 4x4, and im meeting the guy tomorrow to pick it up. he said the problem he has with it is when it is idleing in neutral, it makes a god awful noise. but when you put in in gear, it runs fine. i have seen people say things about worn belts, loose engine mounts, loose pins, everything. i have asked around and someone told me the clutch release bearing is going bad? any other offers on what is wrong with it? i really want to get it running good but i dont have too much cash, im hoping it isnt a big problem that i cant tackle, im pretty mechanically inclined but im no genius.

sorry for writing a book but i really want to get this thing running good and i dont want it to break on me if i ride it now...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sometimes, the centrifugal clutch drum backing plate(for lack of a better term by me) will have loose rivets, causing a moderately loud knocking sound. I hear these old bayous have piston slap as well, but Im not sure. If it's a real loud noise, I would stay away!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts