Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i recently bought a 1995 bayou 300 4x4, but the transmission is destroyed i think. it is knocking when not in gear, not going into first at all, second works a lil bit but usually just stays put and make loud winding noises, and no other gears work. i have seen that shift forks seem to break kinda easy on these, and i see on ebay a whole tranny is around 80 bucks used, but i would like to know if anyone can help me diagnose before i tear this four wheeler to pieces...

the engine cranks easy, but the carb is filthy... dumping gas out the overflow line so i gotta rebuild that already. and front and rear end are perfect. i rode it about 25 feet so far lol.

and if ya can tell me what u think it is, any help on fixing it would be greatly appriciated!

·
Registered
121 Posts
i hade that problem on my 400 you can disconnect the shift linkage at the tranny and manually shift it, if it goes into gear fine you have a problem with your shift linkage, if it doesnt then its probably a internal problem. also ive heard the knocking can be caused by a bad clutch or secondary good luck hope this helps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts