Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I’ve made a thread on this before it’s been a long project. I have a Klf300c, 150 psi compression, timing is good, carb is oem rebuilt. I got it running for a day and then it just cut out again. For a while it would run but only idle super low like 600-500 rpm. The only thing I have replaced was the pickup coil. The clymer manual says the gap is supposed to be .9 mm or something I don’t remember, but it didn’t look adjustable. Is there a way to adjust it? If not then I’m thinking the CDI is going bad. I just think it’s odd because it still has great and consistent spark. What do you guys think? Is there a good replacement out there for cheap? I’ve heard of the Caltric ones working?

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok I’ve made a thread on this before it’s been a long project. I have a Klf300c, 150 psi compression, timing is good, carb is oem rebuilt. I got it running for a day and then it just cut out again. For a while it would run but only idle super low like 600-500 rpm. The only thing I have replaced was the pickup coil. The clymer manual says the gap is supposed to be .9 mm or something I don’t remember, but it didn’t look adjustable. Is there a way to adjust it? If not then I’m thinking the CDI is going bad. I just think it’s odd because it still has great and consistent spark. What do you guys think? Is there a good replacement out there for cheap? I’ve heard of the Caltric ones working?
Ok update, got it running but it still runs like crap. Fouling plugs and stumbling over itself. I have three different CDI boxes and regulator sets, they all do the same thing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts