Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im new here..so ive been trying to figure out whats wrong with my 1996 300 bayou 2x4...i put a new batttery in it.. and left the wiring harness outside the frame, it was loose i guess, it shorted out and burned into..i replaced a few eletrical boxes, and wiring harness,what it does is it doesnt charge, seems like its also not firing when your hitting the starter....it starts firing when you take your finger off the button. its crazy..any ideas?? i was going to replace the stator, the light fade as its running also, if this helps..its been sitting in a garage for bout 9 years yes it happen that long ago, its time i get it fixed, well thanks guys i hope i get some help...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok...whats a regulater and wheres it at, im not very good with electrical stuff, i wish i knew what i could test and how.ehanks for replying so quick, looks like a great forum..

·
Registered
40 Posts
the voltage regulator is a small metal box with cooling fins, and does what it implies (regulates voltage in the electrical system) It should be attached to the side of the air box by one screw and has a 6 pin connector . . . let me look at the service manual for testing procedures. Do you have a multimeter?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts