Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an old 98 klf 300 looks good and I got it running good. Now the front brakes stick if it sets for about a week. I put new brake fluid, rebuilt the master cylinder, and cleaned front cyliners everywhere but both front wheels stick after after it sets. I tried to find some new hose but had no luck , any advice?

·
Registered
549 Posts
you actually pulled the pistons out and cleaned the cylinders with some fine sandpaper or something similar?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes I bled out all brake fluid and I replaced it with dot 3. No I did not sand the pistons or cylinders but I can if you think that will help. I was thinking maybe the hose is collapsed on the inside like the automotive type does.

·
Registered
549 Posts
my experience is that its usually crud around the piston. break off the heavy stuff with a brass brush then polish cylinders with a fine sandpaper. you might need a rebuild kid if the seals are shot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went back and sanded the pistons as suggested that did not help. But it didnt hurt either. Ended up being the return hole in the master cylinder was clogged up, I couldnt get anything in it so I drilled it out with a tiny drill bit and now my front brakes work again, Thanks for trying to help.

·
Registered
549 Posts
ha, that was going to be my next suggestion :p I actually thought you had it covered when you rebuilt the master cylinder.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I went back and sanded the pistons as suggested that did not help. But it didnt hurt either. Ended up being the return hole in the master cylinder was clogged up, I couldnt get anything in it so I drilled it out with a tiny drill bit and now my front brakes work again, Thanks for trying to help.
Which is the return hole??? Already took my whole system apart, reassembled and filled with new fluid and still having same problem

1 - 8 of 8 Posts