Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to forums and need some help. I have a 2000 Bayou 300 that the starter was working and 1 minute later won't turn over when the button is pressed.
Was using it to move a few bales of hay and it started and ran fine, turned off the key to unload the hay and would not restart, nothing no clicking noise under the seat just silence. The kill switch was fine, battery was fine, checked the fuse on top of the battery it was good. Any suggestions as where to start looking for the problem? Where is the selnoid for the starter located?
Any information would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Check for power at the key switch with a test light or a meter. Nothing works without power to the switch. The wire from the battery to the switch went bad on my 87. Easy fix.

·
Registered
262 Posts
The starter is right behind the cylinder on the top of the cases. It will have a boot over the connections. The started can be rebuilt I believe

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Used the ATV today, started with the recoil starter. Neutral light and reverse light work, headlights work, so I don't think it is the key switch. Unless I misunderstood how this thing is wired. I believe it is a wiring problem between the battery and the starter. Does this ATV have a relay somewhere between the battery and starter, if so where is it located? Didn't have time to work on today, hopefully the weather will be warm enough to look at it this week.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Yea under the seat. Where the fuse is. I believe that is the starter relay. I know some of them wires are for the starter. Check them out and check the fuse

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to forums and need some help. I have a 2000 Bayou 300 that the starter was working and 1 minute later won't turn over when the button is pressed.
Was using it to move a few bales of hay and it started and ran fine, turned off the key to unload the hay and would not restart, nothing no clicking noise under the seat just silence. The kill switch was fine, battery was fine, checked the fuse on top of the battery it was good. Any suggestions as where to start looking for the problem? Where is the selnoid for the starter located?
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
your silnod was bad change it out with new 1 try xcross a srew driver onder the back get some 1 to hold the start botton at the front of the bike
need to regulater

1 - 6 of 6 Posts