Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never had a problem with my belt but with 1550 miles I figured maybe I should put a new one on. Well I can say I have had this machine apart a few times putting mods and stuff on but never have removed belt cover. This might sound funny but just shy of taking an outright hammer to this cover it is sealed on there like nothing I have ever seen. Pulled all bolts and everything but just wondering if there are any tricks besides heating up the torch.haha. I don't know whether to be happy or mad because I guarantee there is no mud or water in that thing. Sealed up water tight like a frog's a$$hole. Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
6,513 Posts
are you certain you got all the bolts out.... sounds like you left one or two in there... all it is is a rubber seal and it should pull off with no problems... worse case the seal sticks in the groove and you have to put it back in the cover......

AND DONT TORQUE THE BOLTS BACK DOWN TOO TIGHT, THEY WILL SNAP OFF EASY..

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah pulled all the bolts and even busted the manual out just to get the cover off. Thought I was missing something but I'll keep prying!

·
Premium Member
22,490 Posts
Ya, it's just the seal that's stuck on there. Take a prybar and work it off the floor board onto the edge of the cover. Use caution though. It'll come off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts