Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Kawasaki 650 prairie 650 and i'm almost do snorkeling it basically have it completely air tight and was getting finishing the sealing here soon but anyway i started her up a few times today and have tried to get get her running right by messing with the idle screws i'm 3 1/4 out on both carbs and my throttle screw is turned in about half way or so it seems to be running alright but its starving for air I know that everyone just re jets but i was wounder if i took my belt exhaust snorkel and spiced it into a 3 way 45 degree into my main intake snorkel the 3 way would let it still get outside air but the 45 coming in would almost act as a turbo in a way and i have a weird feeling that It'd just be enough that i wouldn't have to re jet I've never heard of anyone doing this and I've tried to find stuff online about it is there anything that could go wrong with this in anyway I'm not to worried about the belt possibly getting into my air box cause the filter will keep that out well anyway if anyone can help me out it be appreciated I'm probably gonna try it tomorrow so if i don't get any responses ill l ya'll know how it goes and also I'm sure it'd make some more power by doing this

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
I stumbled upon a guy who did this on YT once. Kind of an interesting thought. Don't know how well it worked. He didn't do a follow up video.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I stumbled upon a guy who did this on YT once. Kind of an interesting thought. Don't know how well it worked. He didn't do a follow up video.
You’re the first person to ever even hear about anyone doing it I’ve asked around to some of my buddies and other people and I was wondering if there’s a reason no one does it

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
I found the video:

Reactions: 650 gang

·
Registered
3,637 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah fr but do y’all think it’d work if I take his design and basically make it a 3 way so I get outside air at the same time as my belt exhausted is being sucked in so I don’t have to re jet

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
It sounds a lot easier to rejet to me!
But the idea is intriguing. Of course, no one knows how it will work until it's tried.😉

·
Super Moderator
4,501 Posts
Kawasaki Carbed...and EFI ATV intake systems are designed to have some restriction and are jetted or mapped for it as well as the carbs are designed to operate with that slight vacuum on the horn side. Take that away and you really need different carbs but rejetting can make them work...more or less. Want proof? Take the lid off your airbox and take a run down the road. Most will be so lean it will be like it's in limp mode. And I don't care what engine it is or if it's carbed or EFI, no engine takes well to 200+ degree air being jammed down its throat...which is what will be discharging out of the CVT after about 30 minutes of trail runnng. It's just fact- cold air=O2 molecules closer together so more per liter. Hot air = O2 molecules farther apart so less per liter. That's all first grade stuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts