Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bent rim on my '06 KFX 400 and would like to purchase all new tires and rims. where should i go for a good deal and what kind should i get? also looking to beef it up a bit, trying to keep up with my brother and his trx 450r thats got some mods to it. any suggestions would be takin into consideration

·
Registered
17 Posts
All my rims are bent and mine still handles good

·
Registered
966 Posts
ITP rims, no SS model I think they look dumb, c series or t-9s. DWT beadlocks are very well constructed rims. For tires if you mostly do:
Harescrambles-kenda klaws
Cross country races-itp holeshots/Artrax MX
Trail riding-Kenda klaws or maxxis big horns (I recommend only for rough terrain).

·
Registered
447 Posts
I recommend ITP if you're looking for all new...they stand behind their stuff, and its high quality. The type of tire depends mainly on the type of riding you do, but for the rims...
I vote X2 on the T-9's for all around use. You shouldn't need beadlocks (or baja) style wheels unless your racing, the SS wheels are heavy and primarily meant for utility quads, not to mention expensive. -- On the mod side, there's a lot of potential in the z400 motor with just a little work to open it up. You'll need a full exhaust, better airfilter to allow you to run with the lid off, and rejetting or if you want a huge improvement, swap an FCR carb from a YFZ450, beyond that cams, DRZe valve springs and single piece valves, CDI, widened a-arms, longer swingarm, elka shocks and on and on and on.........in short the mods are up to you, but when it comes to bikes and quads, the rider is usually more the key than the mods.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i recently bent one of my front rims on my v about three weeks ago. after pricing out stock rims at about $109 i went to a local atv guy i deal with sometimes. he got me two amr .190 rolled lip aluminum rims for $112. i dont see alot of people running amr rims but all the specs were identical to the itp t9. maybe something you can look into as another option

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would steer clear of the ITP T-9 Pro Series if you are bending the oem rim these will mash up even easier. I have the ITP T-9 Baja's and they are much more resistant to bending the lip. Best prices I have seen have been from motosport.com

PM "strubby" on kfx450hq.com I bought a full set of tires from him and I think he has some oem 450 wheels that were left over. They are the same bolt pattern, size and offset(I think) as your bike, perfect match.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i do jump so i did bend the two back rims up petty good but the front one that caused me to need them i hit a rock and it bent it all up. so maybe something that wont bend in the back and some aluminum rims in the front so i can keep the weight down and ill try not to hit any more rocks. i dont have the funds for this investment at the moment either so i have all winter to make a decision. to get ready for next season.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what size is the bolt pattern? there are several different sizes and i dont even know where to look to find that

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
ITP rims, no SS model I think they look dumb,

I used to think that same thing. The more I looked at them the better they looked. Best you can get for the price imho. Don't look dumb to me.

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
Thanks man. To answer your question though. The bolt patterns are 4x144 front and 4x110 rear.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts