Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for opinions on the different cdi's out there. What's the best to get for a non internally modded (just bolt on's) kfx?

·
Premium Member
22,490 Posts
There isn't one. Meaning... you don't need one. The stocker is more than capable of handling everything a bolt on has. You can buy one but I doubt you'd notice much difference.

I have a used White Bros. cdi in the for sale section.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes i know that but I'm trying to work out a weird full throttle bog/misfire condition on my kfx and it's my next suspected part to swap. Also, maybe in a year or two i may want to go with a 730 kit. Thanks!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No problem good question...

·
Premium Member
23,817 Posts
will a cdi really benefit a 730 modded bike.i have heard not really?
if you've ever hit the rev limiter than yes. plus it does bump up the timing some.

I've Dyna cdi's and never had an issue.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
some kfx had recall on cdi. put your vin in at kawies site or call the dealer... maybe get a new one for free....

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, kawie's website says no outstanding recall information on my vin though i know i have one of the cdi's that does the engine retardation when the belt light comes on too late... i thought that was why the recalled it. My luck is my vendor got a replacement cdi for it while it was on the show room floor and kept it.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
the recall was for the hour meter never turning the belt light on at 100 hours. have the dealer run the vin maybe you will get lucky

1 - 10 of 10 Posts