Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Im going to be upgrading the exhaust on my brute to a HMF slip on.

I have a few ideas in mind, and wanted to know which would offer the best power gains for the best price.

1. HMF optimizer
2. Power commader 3
3. VDI Copperhead ( have heards problems about this )
4. Dynatek CDI

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
you have a choice of the Dobek's. HMF, Muzzy, EHS. they are all the 3 push button and just control fuel delivery in a short range.

pcIII. you can add the Ignition module to adjust timing and tune every fuel aspect of the motor as well as adding larger injectors

pcV. same as pc3 but smaller and you can run Autotune if you have an 02 bung

VDI. I never had one work.

Dynatek. that's for carbed models

and then there's the MSD. ignition and fuel in 1 controller. not released yet. simpler than the pc3 and cheaper.

it all really depends on what you want to due with the atv and it's motor.

John

·
Registered
182 Posts
You don't really need one for a slip on and be advised slips on are for sight and sound only, power is made in the pipes
So any HMF slip on as long as the headpipes remain stock, will not effect the fuel requirements enough for a fuel controller to be needed? It must help somewhat, most stock exhaust canisters are quite restrictive.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Trust me, your butt will not see a difference in adding a fuel optimizer when a slip on is your only mod and on a dyno you would not see even 1 full HP from it.

My vehicles have more dyno miles testing than they have road miles riding.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Thanks for the info. Would the same statement be true with the addition of a uni filter?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I am basically thru testing the MSD, we are just trying to figure out how to mount it, we need a connector and am having trouble finding it.

Todd

·
Registered
243 Posts
im about to ditch the VDI and go to this MSD. i assume they are PRE-loaded with maps?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts