Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My boondocker kit arrived last week (thanks to VFJ for the great deal) and now I'm trying to figure out where to put all the components on my twin peaks (aka Prairie). Specifically, I'm trying to decide where to mount the 3 lb. nitrous bottle.

In order to hide the bottle, I was thinking of mounting it inside a plastic toolbox (just a cheapo tool box from Wally world) and mounting the toolbox to my front rack. (got this idea from FastFatBoy) I thought about putting it on my rear rack, but the braided line that came with my boonie kit is not quite long enuf.

Where is the best place to mount a 3 lb. nitrous bottle while keeping it hidden???

Happy trails...:)

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
You have an AC front bumper.

I mounted Scrowdogracers 2 bottles behind that same bumper.

maybe he could take a picture of it for you. it was a perfect fit. but he already had a clamp. but it worked out very nice and you'd never notice it if you weren't looking

the holes in the bumper were used for mounting the clamps ha had for his bottles.

it's an easy remove-fill setup as well. just remove 1 bolt and the bottle comes off with the bracket

John

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
The toolbox sounds like a good idea..

I always wanted to make a 'phantom dual' setup.

Put a 2 into 1 pipe on it and get a matching canister for the other side that I could mount the bottle in and run the line through the fake head pipe.

Most people wouldn't know the wiser..:D

Just a thought. Doubt you could do it with a 3lb bottle though.

·
Super Moderator
9,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I kinda like VFJ's idea...will have to take a look at it when I get home. My only concern would be to make sure I don't ram into anything that might to rupture the bottle. (I suppose if I hit something hard enuf, it could also push my bottle into the radiator too...but that would obviously take a serious hit to do that).

T-dilley's idea sounds very slick, but I agree that a 3lb bottle probably wouldn't fit....PLUS I already have LTE dual exhaust, so mine would have to be a fake tripple muffler set-up! lol

·
Premium Member
16,645 Posts
The tool box is a little small. I was thinking about using the tool box for a fuel cell and hiding the tank in the factory fuel tank.

edit: I just reread your post. I thinking about using the stock tool box,it was too small.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I put 2 bottle on the frame rails under the front plastic in front of the radiator , they were hid by the plastic inner fenders. I sprayed the bottles flat black along with the lines, took a black scarf cut it to fit and hot glued it to the back side of the grill, blocks the front view. This worked for me for 2 seasons. When you change the bottle just pop one of the inner fenders out, I put velcro on mine for easy access. Now mine are right up front in full view:D

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
if you need a pic let me know,keeping it hidden was ALOT of fun since at the time my prairie was laid out in full racks total stock looking bustin those fast and furious guys and the look on there faces PRICELESS:D

·
Super Moderator
9,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Scrow,
Yes, pics would be helpful. Thanks!

I definitely want to maintain the "stock look"...IMO, racing on a sleeper is MUCH more fun than racing on a quad that everyone expects to win. Even tho I love the way my twin peaks looks without racks, I recently put the racks back on to complete the "stock look." As it now sits, it looks pretty much bone stock except for the LTEs and AC front bumper.

Thanks again for everyone's suggestions/tips!

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
I take it, it's not a siphon feed

·
Super Moderator
9,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Correct. I don't think it has a siphon...the bottle is not labelled siphon and I can't hear a tube vibrating inside the bottle when I shake it.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
this is the setup that VFJ came up with but where my inner fenders are cut it's not very hidden. Hope it helps. I've got pics of my bike on the track with the old setup and it was completely hidden, my sig pic

1 - 13 of 13 Posts