Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where the best place to purchase a new crank and rods for a 700?:cry:

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mark, If you do not mind. Will you check and see how much it would be.

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,857 Posts
Boy was I wrong. Looks like my dealer raised their prices:mad: $557 shipped to you. Ron ayers was $537 shipped to you. Check with John he may be able to help you...

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
prices gone up on those parts. rods are about 110 each crank is about 285. then you add shipping and the 4 crank bearings. you are looking about 550 ish

thing that sucks for me is my local dealer went out of business 4 local ones went out. so my kawy parts hookup with cheap prices is gone.

John

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I noticed that my Kawie dealer prices have went up on certain items January 1st. I placed an order Monday and the Stock brute rods went up $15 each:huh:.

·
Premium Member
10,240 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,857 Posts
No way will I buy another motor from ebay.. My ass got burned last year on one. The only way I will buy another one is from my friends on here:confused:

·
Premium Member
10,240 Posts
No problem... just tryin' to help out. :tup:

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That is the reason I am looking for a crank.:mad: I bought a complete bottom end off ebay that was suppose to be good. Everything looked and felt good so I went ahead and put it together. When I started it it had a little noise and it got louder. When I took it apart I found that the front rod bearing had spun and the bottom bearing was under the top bearing.

I have found some 650 cranks. If I am correct the 650 crank has a shorter stroke and longer rods. So the piston pin height is the same on the 650 piston and the 700 pistons. So you should be able to use 650 crank and rods and 700 pistons and cyl. together and get the same piston to deck height and the same compression. Has anyone done this?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts