Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a cheap solution to getting a front differential bevel gear socket? I priced it at Ron Ayers and it is almost $180!!!! The part number is 57001-1484 luckily my local shop let me borrow theirs but I sure would like to have my own.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I used a $10 socket from oreillys. Ground down the edges to fit the inside nut. It also takes the nut off of the bevel gear, to replace the bearing. I'll have to see what size it is, hold on.

I've also heard of people using shower drain hex wrenches from lowes/home depot, to remove the inside nut.

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
nice job, I used 1/8 flat bar, cut and welded into a hex shape then welded to a socket. Made one for the rear bevel gear by building up a nut I had with weld and grinding it fit. I love making my own tools

·
Registered
123 Posts
nice job, I used 1/8 flat bar, cut and welded into a hex shape then welded to a socket. Made one for the rear bevel gear by building up a nut I had with weld and grinding it fit. I love making my own tools
That's what I did but I just welded a piece of round stock to the top about 8" long.

·
Registered
148 Posts
ME TOO Ive made all the clutch tools and ones for the front diff.:p

·
Registered
711 Posts
Wow have things gone up.I bought the socket from my local Kawie dealer around four years ago and it cost me $70.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts