Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a 07 bf 650 i never had a prblem with 4wd not working til today. i was stuck in a canal and hit the switch but nothing happened. the fron drive shaft spins but it spins in 2wd also. i think it may be my 4wd switch hopefully plz help me muddi gras is 2 weeks away :eek:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Is the rubber boot around your switch cracked? I had that problem. If water gets in there it won't switch into 4wd until it dries out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
switch is good i did all the trouble shooting steps in the service manual and the only thing i see hats wrong is my 4x4 actuator controller. where would i get one of those not from the dealer??"

·
Premium Member
1,377 Posts
i got a 07 bf 650 i never had a prblem with 4wd not working til today. i was stuck in a canal and hit the switch but nothing happened. the fron drive shaft spins but it spins in 2wd also. i think it may be my 4wd switch hopefully plz help me muddi gras is 2 weeks away :eek:
On the Kawies you just can't hit the 4x4 switch and it engages, you have to move forward at least a couple of feet. On my 08 BF750 the 4x4 would engage in reverse as well but I always need to have the Brute rolling forward or rearward.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Man the same thing happened to me! Check the fuse, if it gets wet it sometimes will flash 4x4 on and off and then sometimes it will not work at all! I thought for the worst when this happened to me!

·
Registered
379 Posts
...........?

Clean all the connection plugs pertaining to switches,2x4 4x4, actuators, etc.........and apply the electric silicon grease...........Then you will be ready to ride!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Check this one out, im lost on it. My wifes 05 SRA brute 650 4wd went out this previous weekend. Found a dead fuse on the KEBC EB and replaced it. Now the 4WD works but every now and then the 2x4 4x4 light will flash even when its not running.

·
Registered
379 Posts
?????????/

You got a short somewhere...........thats why the fuse was blown..............

or maybe a bad switch................

1 - 13 of 13 Posts