Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious more than anything, how does the acceleration compare between the two? I don't have my '09 Brute yet, but have owned a Banshee awhile back. ATV Mag touts..."dragster-like acceleration". Kinda got me wondering? Stock for stock please.....thanks.....

·
Registered
346 Posts
Before I got my bike from my friend he had a VDI, a muzzy, and jetted it for the pipe. He raced his brothers stock Banshee and held him off to around sixty. That obviously isnt a stock Brute... but holding off a banshee like that was pretty impressive. I thought anyway...

·
Premium Member
6,513 Posts
you will like the bottom end power alot... tons of torque but if you raced a banshee.. about 50mph he is going to wave bye to you......and blow your doors off... its just a weight thing....

·
Registered
12 Posts
lol thats funny because i have had a banshee in the past and when it was stock omg that thing was a slow piece of shit. i had plans on buying a brute by the end of the month and if a fully modded one gets beat by a stock banshee makes me wonder if i should even buy one now......aftyer a month of owning my banshee i had a cheetah 440 kit now thats when you can say a banshee is fast till then they are junk...........

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol thats funny because i have had a banshee in the past and when it was stock omg that thing was a slow piece of shit. i had plans on buying a brute by the end of the month and if a fully modded one gets beat by a stock banshee makes me wonder if i should even buy one now......aftyer a month of owning my banshee i had a cheetah 440 kit now thats when you can say a banshee is fast till then they are junk...........
Well, I don't know if I would classify it as "junk", because it was still a fast quad, the only other one at that time that would even keep up was a Quadracer 500, and they were pretty much neck and neck. I put a full Toomey kit on mine and it did wake it up {a lot}, but it was far from "slow" stock......

Like I said earlier, I'm just curious and wanted a baseline of comparision. Can't wait for my first ride!!! :)

·
Registered
346 Posts
a pipe and a VDI is far from a fully moded brute...

·
Registered
129 Posts
A stock brute will not get keep up with a stock banshee. I have both and the banshee is alot faster. BTW my stock Brute will only get 62mph and my banshee will get about 77mph. A stoch Outtie will be about the same speed.

·
Registered
281 Posts
seriously man its a UTILITY not a racing fourwheeler theres about 300 pounds difference and besides banshees are 2 strokes, honestly you cant even compare them, and why woulf you want to drag with a brute, just get you a v force

·
Premium Member
2,342 Posts
stock for stock a brute will walk away from a banshee and keep going. however fully modded a it's not even a race for the banshee.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
seriously man its a UTILITY not a racing fourwheeler theres about 300 pounds difference and besides banshees are 2 strokes, honestly you cant even compare them, and why woulf you want to drag with a brute, just get you a v force
Why can't I compare them???? Straight line, stock for stock, drag race? Mind you, I really don't CARE, it's just that I had a Banshee and am buying a Brute and wanted to know what to expect. I will never drag race it, but I am a power junkie.........That's all.....:)

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
who said a stock 750 brute will only do 62mph!?

agree!!

although it needs a long road to get to toptoptop speed, have gotten 74 or 75mph(120km/h) from the wifes stock BF 750 07model!!
need to add that the spedo also over reads a little!!
think the GPS showed 115km/h tops!!
yes BF is in MPH, and we works in km/h this side of the pond!!

now back on the banshee
stock for stock, off the line the BF can get it, however not for long, people we used to ride with, the one woman has a banshee!!
tops banshee will take it!!
again stock for stock!!

then after a whole days riding, banshee = feels like you got a hiding, BF feels like you ready for another ride!!

then the BF can be gotten to fly, no doubt!!

we fitted wheels with a offset and spacers all round, well lets just say, am able to drift the BF on a wet tar road, feels like day and night with the extra width!!
highly recommend the extra width!!

best part about the BF, is towing the banshees out the mud hole, when they get stuck!! hehehe!!

:D:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts