Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched for a similar thread but have not seen any problems as specific as mine; I apologize if I missed a sticky for such a problem.

My 2009 Brute Force 750i is running really strangely once it gets really hot, like after a long hill climb or ploughing snow or mudding. Up to this point it runs great; full throttle no problem, lots of power. But...as soon as it gets hot, it runs really poorly after about 1/4 throttle. If you let it cool for 10 minutes, it will run just fine until it gets hot again. Once hot, if you hold the throttle at full, it revs/pulses, kind of like limp-mode.

It does not appear to be in limp-mode as the light does not flash and it goes away if you let it cool. If you let it cool for, say, ten minutes, it will take 2 minutes of riding to start doing this again. If you let it cool for an hour, you will get 10 minutes. If you let it cool overnight, you will get a couple of hours before it starts. Weird!!

I have swapped out the fuel pump with my buddy's (also a 2009); I still have the same problem. Same with the CPU/chip; we swapped and no difference. I put a new filter screen on the bottom of the pump (even though it was clean) just in case; that also did not help. I cleaned the air filter, it was all fine too.

Nothing seemed to lead up to this. Everything was working fine before winter, and then this started. The only thing I did before this was last summer I installed an in-line fuel filter in the fuel line a few inches from the gas tank. I don't see how this could be causing the problem, but I am at a loss to explain what is happening.

Is there another fuel pump outside of the tank, by the injectors, that I could check?

Any ideas?:confused:
Thanks

·
Registered
581 Posts
No other filters to check except for the screen filter inside the fuel pump assembly. I would take urs apart and poke holes with a dental pick in it and then flush it out real good. Clean the inside of tank good, and check ur external inline fuel filter for clogging. Put seafoam in the tank when u r cleaning it also

1 - 2 of 2 Posts